VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA granted service connection in July of 2018 have heard nothing

Rate this question

25th Infantry for Life

Question

BVA granted an increase and new connection and one remand. Have heard nothing about the granted stuff and no increase of one injury changed in ebenefits or anywhere. I did opt into RAMP in January and have a c&p in March on remand. The granted stuff is all marked closed everywhere I look and seems to be forgotten. It’s been 7 months since grant and I’ve heard not a word about it. Anybody have input? Not my first appeal win but this feels wrong.

The gap between "board grant" and "your retro deposit" keeps getting longer and longer.  VARO's use the excuse that BVA has speeded up, while VARO remains at the same low speed, or even lower, because multiple VARO's have been "closed to Vets", and they concentrate on RAMPs, HLR's, SCL's, etc. (Of course, they forget to mention that VARO's no longer have to do the time consuming SOC, SSOC, and very few DRO decisions, so their excuses are just lies)   Its any excuse the VA can conjure up to delay paying you..its not like this is new or anything, its just that VARO now has a brand new excuse and they plan on milking that excuse to the max.  

The "Agency" gets to interpret its own regulations, per the Auer/Chevron deference at the Supreme Court.  Vets are hopeful the new Kizor vs Wilkie case will overturn Auer, at least as far as VA goes.  Until then, the VA interprets:

Expiditious processing:  def (according to VA).  It means the VA takes "as long as it wants to, and processes your claim not one second earlier than that" which often means 1 to 2 years or more, whatever VA wants.    However, "expiditious processing" when it comes to VA employees checks means it must be fixed by next payday in 2 weeks.  So, they have a "dual defination"

Try contacting the white house hotline.  

• Lead Moderator

I am assuming your last appeal did not have a remand?

typically this will be the hold up.  Currently I am at my 1 year mark of my grant/remand I have contacted everyone I can multiple times and no one is rushing. 

From what I have seen is they will get to the grant when it works for them. It could also wait til your remand is completed. So welcome to the remand boat headed up current on a frozen river. 

If you have had prior appeals, yes this feels wrong.  In previous years the RO's have been quick to respond to grants and remands.  Not so today, it seems like they wind up in a forget pile and do not get worked.  As for your increase they are holding these until they complete the remand.  We can only wait for the VA to get around to them.  I filed an NOD on a claim and they say I am 395 days out.

Sounds about right. Yes my last appeal had no remand and was completed after BVA decision is less than 5 months. I suspected the remand was the hold up from the info I have gotten. Thanks for your comments. My initial claim was 2011 and appeal filed in 2013 for this stuff lol. My last appeal was almost 11 years start to finish lmao. VA lost my medical records until I called my congressman. 

May 1 Update... my remand has been in Prep for decision for 1 month now. Still no action on granted connections 10 months waiting. Emailed AMO and still no clear answers. My ridiculopathy is now affecting my face,tongue, and my legs a bit aside from my arms skin crawling and twitching and electric shocks like. ( sensory issue from spinal stenosis). This has been getting worse for past couple of years. We arent even going to get into what years of ibuprofen has done to my stomach. I need closure to this to see where I stand. Va recommended surgery and will have it done sometime. I will keep my stick on the ice though and keep going to work till Im completely wrecked lol. 

I know that part about working.  I worked for 25 years after I was retired as disabled.  It gives you a sense of satisfaction knowing you are supporting yourself.  As many of us on TDIU will tell you it really stinks not having a job.  Some people make it out like we are lazy but I do not know of any TDIU veteran that would rather not be working.