VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mere Speculation Comp and Pen

Rate this question

Stlr4life

Question

Hello Fellow Veteran 20 year retired disabled Navy veteran, quick ?? I am going for unemployability through the VA just had my comp and Pen, I do check off all the DBQ according to the therapist , but at the end of it she said in her opinion it would be mere speculation on rather I should get unemployability or not. What’s that mean thanks 

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Stlr4life-

with 20 years of military service I can imagine you want to seek the highest ratings you can get- because that could make you eligible for CRDP or CRSC payments , in addition to any SC compensation.

Are your disabilities listed on your Discharge Certificate?

I assume you have no VA SC ratings yet?

What evidence do you have to get TDIU?

Do you get SSDI solely for an established SC disability?

Has VA Voc Rehab turned you down yet because your SC (SCs) make Voc Rehab unfeasible?

A friend I got a MH 100% P & T award for years ago asked me to help a friend of his.

This was years ago, prior to the new 2010 PTSD regulations.

His friend had no VA rating at all. TDIU was his first claim. I sent him the form and some advice as to what evidence to send with it. He received SSDI solely for his PTSD and his stressor  nexus was sound.I think he had the CAR on his DD 214.

The friend also had significant psychiatric records and years of diagnosis and treatment from a private shrink for PTSD.

3 months later the friend who had the MH that I helped get 100% emailed me that the other vet had been awarded TDIU already- from "0" SC, NSC to TDIU in mere months-

But- not only has the PTSD regulations been changed, since then- the whole VA has changed.

We need more info.

• HadIt.com Elder

@shrekthetank1

if you can't work due to your S.C. Disability  you need to file for IU they will not  just give it to you, when you file for IU you need medical records from Qualified Dr's to state that your unable to work. 

o it helps to get in VA Voc Rehab and if the can't find you anything you can do   then normally the counselors will write you a letter stating its unfeasible at this time to retrain this veteran due to his S.C. Disability 

Forward the VA form 21-8940 and any supporting evidence to the Dept of Veterans Affairs.  Janesville claims evidence  intake  center in Janseville Wi (I don't have the PO BOX &Zip  but its here on Hadit)

as for as the C&P your correct  if they check all the right boxes (veterans do not check the boxes)   about your disability and is favorable to the veteran  then yes this helps  but some times they don't read all the box's  and this creates Havac For the Veteran and if denied  unfortunately  starts his long journey  up the Appeals Road. Appeals is how we fight  the VA  or via CUE

jmo

Edited by Buck52