Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Hearing Coming Up

Rate this question

Dean

Question

• Chief Petty Officers

:huh: I got a letter the other day and was told that I have a hering in about 3 weeks. I do not know what is on my docket at all. I have so many things filed, I do not even know whatthings that the hearing is about. I have went through this before. It sux how they do not tell you in the letter that the hearing is about. When I call the idiots in Atlanta they tell me that they do not know. The person acted like it was a problem to just answer the phone. I finally found out what was on there but I can't count on her to be correct since she was trying to get me off of the phone every time she got finished with a sentence. I was writing this as I was on the phone.

I am thinking that Depression will be on the docket along with other things that I have filed. I have been trying to get service connected for depression for a long time now. The only way that I think that I can get them to do this is to explain to them that the depression is secondary. I have tried to get every doctor to put that in my records. I have been denied for this even though I gave them the record years ago to look at that this doctor put this on. Now I have to find that 1 paper in about 5 boxes of my files. I am going to try to get a copy of that record from the V.A. but it was years ago and the doctor is gone now.

If anyone has any idea's that can help me please send me an e-mail. I am going to be up to my neck in paperwork for the next couple of weeks. Thanks in advance.

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS VETERANS SITE SINCE THE BEGINNING AROUND 1997, This site has had many changes. All of the changes have been for the good of the site. T-Bird does her best to keep Veterans informed. This is the best Veterans Discussion Board on the Internet. I wish I was able to be on here as much as I used to be. The amount of post that it shows that I have made does not go back to when the site started. T-Bird had no idea that this site would ever get as big as it has grown. She is a big inspiration for a lot of Veterans. If it were not for this site, a lot of Veterans would not have ever had their claims won..QUOTEHelp a Veteran any time that you can. They need to be informed of the claims process...

E-mail.. dean@help-a-veteran.com

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Chief Petty Officers
Are You on any meds for depression. When they rated my Depression secondary claim Last Month the fact that I had been on meds for 2 years helped greatly.

Been on their meds since about 1994. I have been on several different meds and refused a lot more. I have always kept my order steady so they could not say that I did not ever miss a dose or did not take my meds. I had one of my doctors tell me one time that if I decided not to take something, to oreder it until I could change it to something else. I have had people call me a pharmacy many times. I have been in their hospital about 4 times from anywhere to 1 week to 1 month. I looked through my records last night and found several entries where I told them that I had though about suicide as a way to cope with my disabilities. Then a couple of those times that I was in there on the mental ward was to learn to cope with my pain and see doctors for my disabilities. The doctors are still there today, but they do not like me and would (possibly) not do anything for me, because I shut down their Mental ward a few years ago. They have written some derogatory things in my records in the past. I told them that I was turning them into Washington and they even wrote it in my files. Some of them even classified me as manipulative. I have about 8 different kinds of mental diagnosis in my file. All of them fall into about the same catagory though. I can not use a lot of my inpatient records from the mental ward because of the way that the people put things in there. They put a lot of their opinions in my records instead of facts and diagnosis.

How did you get your depression as secondary?

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS VETERANS SITE SINCE THE BEGINNING AROUND 1997, This site has had many changes. All of the changes have been for the good of the site. T-Bird does her best to keep Veterans informed. This is the best Veterans Discussion Board on the Internet. I wish I was able to be on here as much as I used to be. The amount of post that it shows that I have made does not go back to when the site started. T-Bird had no idea that this site would ever get as big as it has grown. She is a big inspiration for a lot of Veterans. If it were not for this site, a lot of Veterans would not have ever had their claims won..QUOTEHelp a Veteran any time that you can. They need to be informed of the claims process...

• Chief Petty Officers

duplicated again..how can i delete this?

Edited by Dean

• Chief Petty Officers

:huh: Berta :lol: , Yes you found the correct claim. You pointed out a lot of things that I have been trying to get done. I have been to several doctors at the V.A. and in private practice. I have given doctors letters telling them what I need. I have even shown them things that are in my records and things that I have found on the internet. I have begged and pleaded with each and every doctor to help me with my V.A. case. As soon as they find out that it is a V.A. case they clam up. Almost every private doctor has worked with the V.A. to get there degrees or treats veterans or military people for the V.A. or military. I guess they look at it as they will lose a lot of money if they start helping veterans and service people with claims. That is where a source of their income comes from and they do not want to lose it. I had a doctor at the V.A. in Augusta starting to help me one time. When I was trying to get more appointments from him, he told me that he was being deported, because the hospital would not renew his job and keep him on. I had a military person at N.A.S. Atlanta one time that was going to get the paperwork for me on the chemicals and paints that I was around. He told me that he knew exactly what I needed and how to get them for me. When I called back to talk to him, someone else answered the phone. I was told that the person did not exist and never worked there and they had never heard of him.

So you see, I have had some people try to help me, but they either had to leave the country or never existed. Can we say.........conspiracy? MAYBE NOT, but it seems that way.

Okay..... Here we go............................

They could help because the VA says you have personality disorder yet SSA calls it a psychiatric disorder -----did the SSA doctor give you any

psychiatric tests to rule out PD? I need someone that knows the difference to explain to me the difference. It seems like I have been diagnosed with a little of both over the years. They only looked at 1 piece of paper or appointment, I guess.

This is what I have found so far in my records. Some are out of order.

Dysthynic Disorder 7-1996

Questionable Organic Mood Disorder 7-1996

Questional Bipolar Disorder 7-1996

Patient has been hospitalized recently for surgery, but willing to lear better coping skills. Problems/Needs - Poor Coping skills

Major Depression - Borderline Personality Disorder -

Stable - Anxiety - (GAF 50-55) 11-2002

Probably Depression - 11-1997

Anxiety - 7-1999

Psychiatry 8-1999

The patient was mainly concerned about possible neoplasm in the brain and also the numerous doctor appointments that he has on a weekly basis between Augusta and Dublin. We oriented the patient about his physical limitations and possible alternatives. We also oriented the patient about his psychiatric treatment.

Psychiatry 11-1999

Diagnostic Impression:

Major Depression secondary to increased physical limitations and limitations and a possible cerebrovasular accident with strong suicidal ideations.

Admit Patient to unit 5B. Interview was over 65 minutes.

(GAF - 35)

Primary Diagnosis:

Major Depression w/ Suicidal Ideation

Suicidal/ Homocidal Ideation or Behavior

Reason for Admission: Pain, Suicidal

Mr Terrell completed psychologicaltest today. This is a valid profile. He was displaying deficits of Ego Fundtions (dr spelled it this way), A gerenal negative self-image. Individuals who obtain similar profile have significant psychological problems like Unsociable, Afraid of emotional involvment, and Pervasive Apathy. A great number of complaints (Organ recital head to toe).

Symtoms are chronic and resistant to change: Anxiety, Tension and Agitation. Rumination isolation and Isolation and Rationalization.

History of insecurity, Inmaturity, Physical complaints and they have an amazing capacity for repression and denial the insight is virtually impossible.

His interest are different of those of the average male, Reflect a passive, noncompetetive personality. May be seen by others as sensitive. This person is likely to be unconfortable in social situations, paranoid, moody, or worried.

Diagnostic and therapeutic indications: Rule out suicidal preocupations and elevated reality testing. Patient answered true to:

I am sure that I am being talked about.

People say insulting and vulgar things about me.

I had very peculiar and strange experiences.

IN THIS TEST MR TERRELL SCORED HIGH IN THE SCALES OF: SCHIZOPHRENIA, DEPRESSION AND SOMATIC COMPLAINTS.

11-30-1999 Discharge

Diagnosis:

Axis 1: Major Depression

Axis 2: Borderline Personality Disorder

Axis 3: Gastritis

Axis 3: Hiatel Hernia

Axis 3: C.O.P.D.

Axis 3: Carpal tunnel syndrome, right hand

Axis 3: Paresis of third facial nerve.

Axis 4: Severe due to physical limitations and suicidal ideations.

Axis 5: G.A.F. 35 on admission

G.A.F. 45 on discharge

Patient is unable to work because of the severity, chronicity, and complexity of his conditions. :lol:

That should be enough for T.D.I.U. shouldn't it?

I noticed that this test almost coincides with a test that I took a couple of years ago. The psychiatrist at that time basically said that I tried to manipulate the test. I am going to find that test result and compare.

December 01 - 1999

Admitted for major depression and suicidal ideations.

Presenting Problems: Major Depression and Multiple Medical C/O

Appointments not in file:???????????????????????????????????????

Sept. 26 - 2003

Psychiatry

MMPI 2 Test, MCMI 2

Axis 1:Rule out Bipoler

Axis 2:Personality disorders, not clarified

Rule out explosive intermittent disorder.

Axis 3:Brain tumor, operated on in 1996

No other medical conditions reported. (she did not bother to look into my records. She had never seen me before.)

Axis 4: Symtoms related to medical problem

Axis 5: G.A.F. 67

Test results:

The results of this test indicate questionable validity and should be discussed with the patient. (I would not talk to her if my life was at stake.)

His raw data results indicate a low K scale score, which suggest was a deliberate attempt to present oneself in an unfavorable light. Low K scores may (I like that, she doesn't even know me but I was exageragating.) indicate the subject was exaggerating problems or experiencing confusion. Persons with Low K scale may have ineffective ways of dealing with problems in their daily life and tend to have little insight into their motives and behaviors. Because I was not able to go over the results (and never will) of this test with veteran, I can not make a determination.

He had elevated hypochondria and hysteria scales. The schizophrenia and hypomania scales were also elevated. The supplementary scale suggested low self esteem. The results were questionable and should not be considered valid without being discussed with the patient.

There is probable borderline personality trait, questionable thought disorder, some hypochondria (yea I exaggerated and made up 7 volumns of medical records with multiple problems and surgeries), which would suggest an exaggeration of medical symptoms.

They are not an indication of his present functional level. (She new nothing about me and evidently did not bother to look up any of my medical file.) The message on the answering machine suggest possible intermittent explosive and personality disorders. (She would not turn these records over to the main V.A. to be put into me medical files. This is the record that Washington was wanting to look at and she would not release them until I raised hell. I think Washington called her after I did, because it appeared in my medical records a couple of days after the phone call. I even had the records people calling her asking for these records. The were released on April 27, 2005)

Just found this:Hypomania can be difficult to diagnose because it may masquerade as mere happiness. It is important to diagnose hypomania because, as an expression of bipolar disorder, it can cycle into depression and carry an increased risk of suicide.

Does anyone besides me, see the same symptoms and psychiatry problems here in this test compared to the test done in 1999?

It took me 4 hours to go over this the first night and another 4 hours to look at every page that I marked. This is not nearly all of my records. I think that I am on to something though.

I will work on the other questions that Berta had later. It took about 5 hours to post all of this.

People reading this don't seem to realize that some of my disabilities are secondary to my disabilities. I can not use some of the things as in military disabilities. Some of the other things should be able to be used as in-military but I can not get proof yet. These are not all of what I have pending. These are only what are at the BVA at this time. I have at least 10 more things pending besides these things. I can't seem to get them to work my temp file in Atlanta while Washington is working this case. That is what is making it so hard for me to work my case. I do not know for sure that this is what the hearing is about. This was just what I was told and that was an unsure person. I will be finding out though. I worked my ass off for this hearing last time and a lot of the things that I worked on was not even on the docket. I was lucky that the judge listened to some of the other things. If you read my case like Berta did you will notice some of the other things. Berta, At the time of the hearing I submitted some of the things that was asked for, but Atlanta did not give those things to Washington. They are in a folder somewhere in Atlanta. I have a copy of them somewhere and I plan on giving them to the judge during the hearing. These also have a date stamp on them of the date of the hearing. I wander what the judge is going to think about Atlanta with holding information that is pertinent to my case. They would not allow me to give it to the judge at the hearing. Suprise!, I am going to give the judge everything this time so he can put in in my file.

This is another reason that I asked for another hearing. Atlanta is going to hate me worse now............................

T-Bird, Why can't I copy paste things from here before I post them. If the computer decides to mess up, I am screwed. I posted everything here instead of doing it in Word first.

• Chief Petty Officers

deleted by me. duplicated

Edited by Dean

• Chief Petty Officers
I SAT HERE FOR 5 HOURS PUTTING SOMETHING ON HERE AND IT WOULD NOT EVEN POST........................

T-BIRD, I EVEN TRIED TO COPY THE THINGS BEFORE I TRIED TO POST IT AND I COULD NOT DO IT.............I DID 5 HOURS OF WORK FOR NOTHING AND I PLANNED ON USING ALL OF THE INFORMATION FOR MY HEARING. WHY DID IT DO THIS. CAN YOU CORRECT THE PROBLEM SO IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN TO SOMEONE ELSE. I LEARNED MY LESSON THE HARD WAY......... :huh::lol::lol:

I GUESS IT DID GET POSTED........I ALMOST HAD A PANIC ATTACK.......

THERE IS STILL A PROBLEM WITH BEING ABLE TO COPY SOMETHING BEFORE IT IS POSTED.

IS THIS SOMETHING WITH ME OR HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM.

Sorry for the caps. I tried to change it but it would not let me do that either without typing everything again.