VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please, stop saying pot kills pain. Back it with study for it to be fact.

Rate this topic

Please, stop saying pot kills pain. Back it with study for it to be fact. As far as I know it is opinion. I am extremely annoyed and pissed when people who say this or push this. I know real pain, and people that have never experienced great suffering have some inside knowledge that sick people were never told? I have limited options with pancreatic disease and pain, not to mention spinal disease, liver disease, etc... and know that pot only got me high, had no help at all with pain, and the other stuff people make and spread saying it is medicinal are full of it. Someone, please only use it as opinion in posts and discussions. If you have references from professional studies post the reference. People that are freaking out looking for pain relief, might buy into this pot and pain stuff, and offer them false hope, well that sucks. When suffering greatly, people have to find any and all help to rid themselves of horrific pain, and if people keep saying it as fact, it better be fact. If it works for some people, good for you! Enjoy a normal life.. but it never helped me and I hate the feeling of it... I would be very sick and high at the same time, which is misery for me. I have my own issues with the morons (like those bogus pain clinics who think they can stop pain with mind control, but notice the people running them are not in severe pain, yes been through those) who are screwing me out of pain meds that took 20 years to find what works through trial and error, now all of the people on the opiate crusades are trying to stop sick people from taking them because other people made bad choices. People can be dangerous to others just for pushing their agenda. Without thought to the people they are harming. If it works good for you, but please, only use facts, not opinions. Personal responsibility!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know about pot and pain but I know opiates.  I too am sick and tired being punished because some people are addicts.  I am treated like an addict when I get my medicine at the pharmacy and that disturbs me.  Ten years ago my doctor and I had six months of serious conversations before I started on opiates, it was not a decision taken lightly.  The local emergency room has a letter on file from my doctor that I am not a drug seeking patient.  

As for mind control I had to take biofeedback classes for pain.  I was playing with the stress meter when they had me hooked up to their little machine.  The nurse asked me if I was doing it on purpose and I said yes.  She said there was nothing they could do for me if I had that much control over my body and was still in pain.

As for people who do not know pain, real pain is when you think about killing yourself to stop the pain.  If you have never been there do not judge me. 

Ok, since you asked, here is "one" study explaining that ingredients in pot relieve pain.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2503660/

There are others, but feel free to look those up yourself. 

There are many different kinds of "pot".  To ask if pot will help your pain is like asking if "a chair" is comfortable.  There are hundreds of different kinds of chairs, for a variety of different sizes and shapes of people, with vastly different ideas of what makes a chair comfortable.  

https://www.wikileaf.com/thestash/the-different-types-of-weed-sativa-indica-hybrid/ 

I am most excited about canabadoil (CBD), which is an ingredient in pot, but usually is derived from hemp, a similar plant to pot, but with little or no "get high" THC compound.  

CBD was legalized, nationwide, in 2018.  http://time.com/5516745/cbd-oil-legal-healthy/

Hemp, a plant that the police could not tell the difference between it and Marijuana, was banned in Kentucky, and most other states not because it was bad, or people got high, but because police did "raids" only to find out the "pot plants" were actually hemp.  

Hemp products are often shipped to the USA from Candada.  

NOTE:  I do NOT advocate the use of ANY illegal drugs, to include "pot"  in states where it's illegal. 

If you are opposed to its use, my recommendation is to stay away from it.  

However, "just because" FDA approved it, or your doctor prescibed a drug, does not guarantee that ANY drug wont harm you.  

Here are some that were used, but later taken off the market.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_withdrawn_drugs

There will almost certainly be others, which are in common use today.  

According to US News, prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death.

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/patient-advice/articles/2016-09-27/the-danger-in-taking-prescribed-medications

• HadIt.com Elder

Just my 2 cents.

I don't smoke the wacky tabbaca  but I know people who do  and they use a pipe  not paper or zig-zags ( in other words they don't smoke a  whole Joint)

Ground up marijuana including the buds   then a small pinch between your index finger and thumb...put it in your pipe bowl Light it  then inhale it into your lungs and hold for about 5 or 6 seconds  then  blow it all out.  that's it ,you might want to go lay on your bed after doing this because of the high you may get..(.as a caution) do not drive or operate machinery, 

Sure this distorts your mind   but I 've been told it does release the pain   where nothing else would (Nothing) ...Now it maybe  a distortion of your brain signals  that send the pain singles that your having pain.

But if it works for someones pain and they only use it for that  I don't blame them.....a person in pain has to try anything to get relief...other than ending their Life.  and smoking a little bit of marijuana  to ease the pain   I would have to agree with that

Now if you abuse the Marijuana and it makes you high and sick  thats about the only way it will make you sick    it only takes one good inhale from the smoke and hold in  5/6 seconds  then blow it out.(from what I m told)

The ones that I know use marijuana to help them with their pain are law bidding citizens and respectful community members and they don't smoke cigarettes and  they do cough  when doing the marijuana  but they say it helps 100% with there pain  and some  say yeah you might get a little high...sick   even hook on it

so to me  its what works  for you that will help take away your pain   even for just for few hours  enough to get some much needed rest/sleep...why not?

One could get hook on this stuff that's true  but if you use it correctly that may not happen.

These folks are not pot heads to say the lest  but they say it works.

And it is there choice   just because some people smoke it to release their pain   don't necessarily mean its meant for you.

to each there own.

I have children and don't want them to do things that are bad.. and they have been very good, but I believe that al the suffering and going without without help from the va my child go to go to a private school which gave her an excellent education, away from the pressures and b.s. and public schools... and stayed away from drugs and it paid off for all of us... Up here in Oregon they al have tons of pot.... good for them..... I just don't want or like people who are relatively healthy giving me advice on drugs, pot, etc..... take it, but leave me out..... and if  they get really sick with horrific diseases, then take it and let me know how it works out for you.... until then,,, please no advice..... spent my of my life suffering and dealing with quack doctors and bogus meds and va liars.... yes I am jaded, but I also grew up in the 1960's and 1970's and see how communities end up with drugs and have family members who died from drugs.... I am happy to say my records are clean, and that most likely the va searches through your records to dig up dirt on you to see if they can screw you out of benefits if you were bad.. and naughty..... after all they seem to get off of denying disabled vets benefits... anyways,, so tired of people pushing pot, oils, dead chickens voodoo.. and everything else.... life has sucked enough just from the va lies and tricks.. don't need to add more b.s. for them to use against me, and I don't want to be stoned while extremely sick.... even if I wasn't stoned I don't want the stuff..... unqualified people spread anything they hear as fact.... IMHO

Pot isnt the problem.  Opiods are.  People with drug problems most often start in a doctors office, with a prescription for vicodin.  

It releives their pain, then the doc cuts em off.  So they look elsewhere for pain relief, which is often street heroin (an opiod).  

As far as hemp oil, George Washington grew hemp.  Source:

https://www.mountvernon.org/george-washington/facts/george-washington-grew-hemp