Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SOC question.

Rate this question

metallicide

Question

I received my soc and it shows increase from 30-70 on PTSD and denied tinnitus..which is insane lol. Anyway should I receive back pay soon and if we appeal tinnitus will my 70 percent PTSD stay in effect. Its not showing up on ebenefits yet either. Thanks for any help!

Did the decision mention the Fast letter ( # 10-35):

In part:

"The Board finds that the Veteran sustained acoustic trauma in service. During the April 2012 VA audiological examination, the Veteran reported in-service hazardous noise exposure in the form of artillery fire, grenades, and other military noise. The DD Form 214 lists a military occupational specialty (MOS) of machine gunner.

Although this particular MOS is not listed in Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Fast Letter 10-35, similar specialties, such as infantry and field artillery, have been recognized as entailing a high probability of hazardous noise exposure. See VBA Fast Letter 10-35 (September 2, 2010) (modifying the development process in claims for hearing loss and/or tinnitus). The Board finds that the Veteran's competent lay account of his duties in service and exposure to military noise are consistent with the circumstances, conditions, and hardships of his service and are, therefore, credible. 38 U.S.C.A. § 1154(a) (West 2014). For these reasons, the Board finds that there was in-service acoustic trauma. The Board next finds that the Veteran has a current tinnitus disability. During the April 2012 VA audiological examination, the Veteran complained of bilateral tinnitus. See Charles v. Principi, 16 Vet. App. 370, 374 (2002) ("ringing in the ears is capable of lay observation"). The Board finds the Veteran's report of tinnitus symptoms to be competent and credible; therefore, the Veteran's statements establish a current tinnitus disability."

"ORDER Service connection for tinnitus is granted."

A Buddy statement would be great- I would suggest filing a CUE along with the buddy statement if you can get one within the response period for the SOC.

When you get the buddy statement I can prepare the CUE and post it here.

I assume they never gave you a audio C %& P exam because you didnt claim hearing loss?

https://www.va.gov/vetapp15/files3/1523812.txt