VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retrieving copies of VES C&P exams from Regional Office?

Rate this question

HONDOII

Question

So is it a hit or miss on visiting my primary Regional Office and requesting copies of VES C&Ps that have already been rated and approved?  The DAV rep assigned to me refused to print copies and told me to visit the VARO for copies if I REALLY needed them.  My claim is still open because of a couple deferrals but the exams I care about have closed out.  The office is only an hour away but I'd rather not sit in traffic if we can't officially request contracted C&P exam results by visiting the VARO and getting copies on the spot.  Assuming the alternative is a FOIA request? 

Edited by Mrpdbo

Sorry some times I get a little overzealous when I skim read and answer but don’t call the 1800 number if it’s easy to go to your RO just walk in and ask the person  at the desk for compensation and disability claims 

2 minutes ago, jfrei said:

VeS exams you can’t have any current pending appeal with the exam I think you can have a pending claim, but you still have to wait two weeks after the exam. Just ask the guy at the RO when you can get get a copy theyll tell you on spot

right stuff done at the VAMC can be gotten from VAMC.

Stuff done by outside contractors goes to VA Admin & Benefits.

theoretically the VARO is supposed to give us a copy, mine however has stonewalled me 4 times.

I am just now getting out of a wheelchair and have not been physically able to go back downtown and argue with them.

Mine were done by QTC and VES so I am stuck with the VARO.....darn.

Its not really that bad more or less waiting for someone’s last signature delays but go and ask I had to wait two weeks for both of mine after they were completed.

11 minutes ago, jfrei said:

Its not really that bad

glad it isn't for you. My experience with this RO is I have not gotten past the front desk 4 times.

I was told by the front desk  ( which is in the lobby of the building w/ security guarding access to the elevators):

We don't do that

We don't have a computer available to do that

The person that does that isn't here and we don't tell employee schedules

You have to submit the request to Janesville

My VSO office in that same building told me

First Call- A Thursday- Man answers- Says Yep come on down anytime we will get them

Second Call-Following Tuesday before driving down-A woman answers- Says Our computers are down---Second woman in the background says Give me that phone. She gets on and says We don't have access cards to get into the system and don't know when we will get them.

Further, prior to this, I had contacted my VSO reps in surrounding cities that were closer to me. When I asked if they had access to the VBMS so I could see my file, they asked, to a man, What is the VBMS..... DERP DERP DERP<

Now that my foot has heeled and I can get around a bit I will go back to the VARO and tap dance on the front desk to get someones attention...

If sometime soon you hear about a vet on crutches being arrested at the Seattle VARO for making a ruckus it is me. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Phones are like another way they can send you a denial and say F U always go in person they won’t ever give you a straight answer on the phone...they do that you asked the front help not the C and P people who can and will if they don’t call VES and they’ll tell you how to get it I don’t understand how each veteran is a case by case excuse to delay the access to their exam 

26 minutes ago, jfrei said:

you asked the front help not the C and P people who can and will

I don't know about your RO, but here you cannot directly contact the C&P people and you cannot go upstairs without the guards letting you through.