Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scar Rating question

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Hi Everyone,

In my most recent C&P the examiner noted and measured 2 scars on my neck and jaw. I've read the rating info for scars of the Head/Face/Neck and filled in the chart they had because the first rating option didn't apply.  Can someone confirm for me that according to the rating info below, it would qualify me for 30%.  There's pain noted in the C&P with each scar in addition to the characteristics noted below.

"If there are 6 or more Characteristics, it is rated 80%. If there are 4 or 5 Characteristics, it is rated 50%. If there are 2 or 3 Characteristics, it is rated 30%. If there is 1 Characteristic, it is rated 10%."

image.thumb.png.b4405ba9e9c14af39271fa4cd221d645.png

In addition, during the same C&P the examiner documented and agreed (50% more than likely service related) that I had TMD secondary to broken jaw, painful motion of mandible,  reduced ROM, surgical wire in right mandible

Thanks in advance!

Randy

Edited by RBrogen

28 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

So add up all your scars as they will be rated together.  That would put you in the 30% range for that one also.

Definitely will be sending that in.  Thanks for your input! 🙂

Just now, shrekthetank1 said:

Good luck to you and keep up the fight!

Thanks again ... I will definitely keep up the fight.  I disengaged with the va for over 20 years and had been at 20% all that time.  Picked up the fight again last year and I'm at 90% now with a decent chance at 100%.

• Adminstrator

So I was in the same boat at 10% for knee injury and didn't even think why my health was going to shit.  One day someone who had done the fight said why are you not applying for benefits?  I started looking into it and found all the presumptive conditions and now I am at 90% headed towards 100%.  I know try to help any vet I meet, so they will not wait like I did.  

Just now, shrekthetank1 said:

So I was in the same boat at 10% for knee injury and didn't even think why my health was going to shit.  One day someone who had done the fight said why are you not applying for benefits?  I started looking into it and found all the presumptive conditions and now I am at 90% headed towards 100%.  I know try to help any vet I meet, so they will not wait like I did.  

I hear you.  I had a hell of a time trying to get going again.  Spent literally 8 months trying to find someone who would fill out a DBQ for me and was told "not no, but HELL NO" by both private and VA docs.  By chance, I saw a guy on LinkedIn who is a VA rep and after about a month of going back and forth, he put me in touch with one of the heads of the local VA hospitals.  I explained all I wanted to do was get my DBQs completed for benefits.  This guy promised me that he would help and he has been amazing.  Within 24 hours I had people calling me, making appointments etc.  I have learned a TREMENDOUS amount about the process, pitfalls and nuances but I like to gut check with others who may have gone through it already since a lot of the documentation is vague in describing ratings, levels and conditions.  I've been spreading the word as much as possible and try to answer all questions or at least point people to someone who can answer them because no vet should have to go this alone.

You can get rated for scars from surgery you had in the military? I wasnt aware of that. Is that actually correct? Example: You have a rib removed and a scar is there or a hysterectomy?