VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connected Wording by VA

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I was going through my C-File again and I noticed that some of my disabilities state the following "Service Connected, Peacetime, Incurred" while others state "Service Connected, Gulf War, Secondary" and "Service Connected, Gulf War, Incurred". Now I was in the service from 1978 - 1995 (military was offering an early retirement). I was in during the first Gulf War but was never overseas, I did receive a medal for support of the 1st Gulf War.  Is the VA incorrect by stating "Gulf War, Incurred or Secondary? I am thinking its incorrect but I am not sure.

Thanks

If you did not serve in the Gulf war, then someone appears to have made a mistake. If they had used served during Gulf War era that would have made more sense. I know quite a few Vietnam era veterans and their va paper work says Vietnam era veteran.  Some of my service was in  vietnam,  and during the cold war era,  so some of my rating say peacetime while others say vietnam and still others say vietnam era . Also on grave markers there are a lot of markers ( my father included) that says WWII or Korean war,  but my father did not serve in a war zone. I don't know the reasoning but I have seen it alot.

Edited by Richard1954

I am not sure why they would say Gulf War when I have never said I served over seas during that time. I guess my main question is do I say anything and does it matter? I do not get paid extra for that time and it would still be service connected so does it really matter how they worded it?

3 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

It does not matter as for any other reason than for accuracy. I think you are good

I am sure you are correct since there is no additional monies tied to it. 

I guess I need to read my C-File with a fine tooth comb and look for other issues.