VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

does copd cause neuropathy?

Rate this question

Douglas

Question

3 answers to this question

It's possible but regardless of what is possie the important piece is does it affect you specifically and does your doctor think so as well. Not all journal papers are representative of everyone so just because a paper says it does on an experimental population doesn't mean that you are the same as the people they picked for the study.

https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/44/Suppl_58/P3603

• HadIt.com Elder

I couldn't find a connection, but it isn't what we think, on secondaries, it is what you can get from a doctor that connects them. But looking at it from another point of view, I assume with COPD, you have taken some heavy duty drugs prescribed by the VA. What I would explore is going thru all of your prescribed meds and looking at their warnings. You have taken some droids for your breathing, look them up and see what the issues are with them. If you are prescribed a med and that med in turn ends up a secondary condition, you get a nexus to connect. Many veterans seem to overlook the meds caused problems.

Good advice from GBArmy.  I have neuropathy and it was service connected to a heat stroke.  My neurologist found literature that linked the two.  Talk to your neurologist and see what he says.  If he says no then you are pretty much sure that it cannot be connected.  If he says yes, ask him to do a DBQ and state that your condition is more likely then not related to your COPD.