• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

namvet4

C&P exam - Scheduled at a place I do not want to go to

Question

I have a C&P exam scheduled in September at VA Hospital East Orange NJ. I want to change . Person on phone who called to schedule said I can only go to this facility for PTSD claims in NJ! I last went to East Orange over 15 years ago - had a bad experience! How do I get the exam changed???? 

you can ask the C&P CHIEF you would like to change the location but you need a good reason?

I would go to this one because its  hard to get a C&P SCHEDULED in the first place..just because you had a bad experience 15 years ago  don't necessarily   mean you will have another bad experience this time around.

but I do understand what you mean..

1 hour ago, namvet4 said:

I have a C&P exam scheduled in September at VA Hospital East Orange NJ. I want to change . Person on phone who called to schedule said I can only go to this facility for PTSD claims in NJ! I last went to East Orange over 15 years ago - had a bad experience! How do I get the exam changed???? 

I have had horrible experiences at a VA facility but I don't discount that facility and refuse to go there.  I refuse to see the individual who treated me horribly, but thankfully after 10 years that person is no longer there.  I also choose to not go to one particular clinic at my local VA, I choose to be driven 3 hours to another VA after they could not find me care in the community after my community care provider closed.  That va clinic was subject to an IG investigation in regards to my care and I do not have to be seen there because of that investigation and the horrible care I was given, I am paid travel.  CP exams are a different matter and well I doubt you will find even half of the staff still there from 15 years ago.  I hope you can take someone with you, PTSD exams are never easy but sadly we have to put up with the crap.  If your exam isn't handled well, you can ask for a new exam, always remember that.  I have had to do that in the past for an inadequate exam, I was then given one by an outside vendor.

Remember that only a VA doctor can give a PTSD rating.  They might have only one doctor doing these.  As far as not getting it changed, you still want to go to the exam no matter what.  A missed exam is a denial.

3 hours ago, namvet4 said:

VA Hospital East Orange NJ.

is this the VAMC your record is listed at? I am assuming that your VARO has more than one Hospital.. is that correct?

I think its up to the Veteran as to where he wants a C&P Exam  if a Veteran has a bad experience with a certain VAMC (Dr) and is having to see the same Dr that  the veteran had a Bad experience with   just ask /request a different VAMC.

As Vetquest mention  you need a VA Dr to make a PTSD Diagnoses 

One time years ago I had a DRO Hearing and this was brought up about not wanting to go back to the VAMC  Dr...the DRO mention that if I was willing to try another VAMC   For another C&P Exam?   I said hell yes sir...anyway I didn't need it but this just goes to she we can request another VAMC with A Different Dr.