VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU granted

Rate this question

AnacortesB

Question

The board of veterans appeals granted me entitlement to a total disability rating based on individual unemployability due to service-connected disability. How long until i see a change in pay or get back pay deposited? Any information would help. Thanks in advance. 

AnacortesB, Welcome to Hadit.com!

If I remember right, it took about 2 weeks before I got my back pay from an Appeal. Now if they remanded it, then it would take longer, because it has to go back to the Regional Office (RO) before it is awarded. Pay should take affect on your next check. You can check eBenefits to see if they have paid it out. You should get your letter in about 10 days from the award also.

Congrats @AnacortesB, Patton's advice is good.  I do not know how much back pay you are looking at but the higher the amount, the longer it can take.  Just a little more time.  As many have said do not spend your back pay until you have time to assess your current situation and have some time to think.  If it is a good amount try to put some away.  It was a hard road that you have traveled so enjoy the benefits you have earned.

@vetquest as always great advice! I wish I could have saved more of mine, but it went to Medical bills. 

@jefmil50 Looking at your rating in you signature, how did you go about getting rated for hypersomnolence associated with Insomnia? I filed for Sleep Apnea secondary to Insomnia and it was denied. I truly believe my Service-Connected Insomnia is at least part of the cause for my Sleep Apnea. They have my Insomnia listed as a MH disability. I don't want to highjack this post, so if you could message me, it would be great to receive any insight.

Thanks,

Patton

• HadIt.com Elder

Jefmil50 Good news for you; you deserve it. You have SMC R1. You should bone up on SMC's and see what may be possible in the future. SMC (k) at a minimum.