Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ask for a specific % rating

Rate this question

GBArmy

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Wondering if it is best to write a claim and describe your symptoms but not ask for  a specific rating under a diagnostic code, such as 30% under code 8700 for migraines. I know some feel that if you ask for a specific rating you can be short changing yourself from getting an even higher rating. But the counter argument to that is if you don't "help" the rater, they can apply the wrong code, and also a wrong rating %.

I have a much different opinion... When I claim a condition I am not looking for a specific percentage , while I do tell them I should be rated under medical code (1234)  I don't tell them what the rating should be. Now  when I get a claim approved that is  half the battle, but when it comes back at 10% and I will always appeal for a higher rating, and then tell them where they have gone wrong, and why, usually I attack the C/P examination as inadequate or lop sided , and that usually works well., some times I get a higher rating sometimes I don't ... but I hate to receive a 10% rating especially when I am positive that it should be higher.