Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Math Currently at 90% What Does It Take To Get To 100%

Rate this question

BAM_

Question

I need a little help with VA math, I'm trying to figure out what I need to get to 100%. I'm currently, I think 93%, rounded down and rated at 90%. Will the VA go off the 93% or will they go from the 90%?

So my question is, what % will I need to get in order to get to 100%.

I currently have a claim in for Cervical Spine with Radiculopathy, Dyspnea Shortness of Breath both secondary to Ankylosing Spondylitis and an increase for Eye Condition that's currenlty rated 0%. So I'm doing the what if scenario...

Here is how I'm currently rated for the 90%

50% MH

50% Ankylosing Spondylitis (Back)

30% Scars on Head

20% Right Shoulder (Bilateral)

20% Left Shoulder (Bilateral)

10% Right Hip (Bilateral)

10% Left Hip (Bilateral)

10% Tinnitus

0% Acne

0% Eye Condition

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Was at 90, and I had to get a 50 to go to 100.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• HadIt.com Elder

You actually are at 91.83% which of course rounds down to 90%. If you kept the same ratings for what you now have, if you receive a new 40% rating, it would get you to 95.101112 which rounds up to 100%. Not a 50%, but still not an easy step. Take care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was at 90% combined and had to get  70% to get the 100%  but I was 90%Combined with TDIU P&T 

but I got a separate rating for PTSD at 70% this also got me the SMC -S

My advise is keep on going for the 100% those little 10%'s ADD UP either for increase on what your rating now if they get worse or something new arises.   file for it.

Of course it would be good to get a 40% or 50% at once  but that usually means your (this new ) condition is pretty bad.

but every rating counts toward getting the 100%

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

You can get on Myhealthevet

and look at all the diagnose they have you diagnose for and see if any of those conditions you may have had while in the military  or also check on a secondary conditions that you may have and don't know it ?  the VA Dr's will not tell you  you have to be your own adjudicator as for as claims. 

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Va medical and VA claims are pretty much separate animals. VA medical stuff is in their system and claims is in their own. If something gets worse on the medical side, claims won't know it unless you tell them or at least point to it so it's easier and faster to find. Very frustrating to be told by a VA doc that they stay out of the disability process especially when they won't fill out an fce for SSDI for example. If they are the only treatment docs it makes filling for SSDI a lot harder. In my case I lost my case in part because of no fce.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Thanks for all the answers, I appreciate all the advice.

@GBArmy can you let me know how you got to 91.83%? I seem to confuse myself with doing the math especially with the bilateral ratings since I thought I was 93%.