VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anxiety? Stress secondary to major hearing loss C&P

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

So I got a call from a QTC Medical services yesterday and they are doing my C&P exam for anxiety due to my service connected hearing loss (70%). The company said the VA wanted this expedited and i'm not sure why. Nothing else has ever been fast. I put the claim in through my VSO 2 weeks ago and my appointment is next week. This same claim was denied 2 years ago when i didn't have representation and I didn't have a diagnosis or a Nexus. I have all of that now so I'm not sure if this goes back or just starts now. As you all know C&P's can suck and i'm already getting anxious and thinking about it too much. What should i expect from a anxiety/stress C&P? Thanks for any help 

14 hours ago, Riplip said:

The company said the VA wanted this expedited and i'm not sure why.

that may be their hype. The  AMA process has speeded up getting C&P's but it is more of an effect of the VA changing it's funding authorization for hospitals to discretionary instead of mandatory and the publicity push for the Community Care program than anything else. hearing about a lot of fast C&P's and a lot about faster denials.

I recently had the crappiest "rapid" C&P imaginable done by a very unqualified doctor.

14 hours ago, Riplip said:

What should i expect from a anxiety/stress C&P?

This should be the MH DBQ. Look it up and look up the 38 CFR requirements for MH/Anxiety.

in short it is a bunch of questions about the levels of anxiety and your reactions to it. If it takes more than 15 - 20 minutes i will eat my hat.

• HadIt.com Elder

Basic advise from Geeky; look up the requirements in 38 CFR and get the right dbq that you will be evaluated for. Your doc should have done a dbq; be sure you understand his responses to the questions so you are familiar when  you get there and minimize your anxiety. Bring a copy with you, and ask the examiner if they read it and do they need a copy for the exam. I'm not too cool with the comment that the VA wanted it "expedited". Since when did they start being concerned about turn around times for veteran claims? Hey, it could be a poor choice of words from the rep you talked to about the schedule. Any case, read up and do ok!

OK so the same old same old haha. I have the dbq from online. I don't have anything from my doctor. I will read up on everything. Thank you for your responses

On 8/29/2019 at 2:11 AM, GeekySquid said:

that may be their hype. The  AMA process has speeded up getting C&P's but it is more of an effect of the VA changing it's funding authorization for hospitals to discretionary instead of mandatory and the publicity push for the Community Care program than anything else. hearing about a lot of fast C&P's and a lot about faster denials.

I recently had the crappiest "rapid" C&P imaginable done by a very unqualified doctor.

This should be the MH DBQ. Look it up and look up the 38 CFR requirements for MH/Anxiety.

in short it is a bunch of questions about the levels of anxiety and your reactions to it. If it takes more than 15 - 20 minutes i will eat my hat.

Sorry GeekySquid but I just got out of this C&P and it was a brutal hour and 10 minutes. This lady was asking me all kinds of things. I left there more twisted than when i got there lol. I have no idea what to expect. Just a waiting game now. 

Just reminding of about eating your hat lol. I'm not sure if it was good or bad but I am happy its over. I hope its favorable as well. Thanks