VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anxiety? Stress secondary to major hearing loss C&P

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

So I got a call from a QTC Medical services yesterday and they are doing my C&P exam for anxiety due to my service connected hearing loss (70%). The company said the VA wanted this expedited and i'm not sure why. Nothing else has ever been fast. I put the claim in through my VSO 2 weeks ago and my appointment is next week. This same claim was denied 2 years ago when i didn't have representation and I didn't have a diagnosis or a Nexus. I have all of that now so I'm not sure if this goes back or just starts now. As you all know C&P's can suck and i'm already getting anxious and thinking about it too much. What should i expect from a anxiety/stress C&P? Thanks for any help 

• HadIt.com Elder

Geeky and some of the others have a lot of expertise on these MH issues. I don't know if you can tell anything based on how long the C&P exams are. It really is hard to generalize. Sometimes, especially if it is straightforward and nothing new has transpired, if the exam is short time-wise, it can be a good thing (rubber stamp idea, the examiner is just going along to go along.) But not always. Sometimes if the exam takes a relatively longer time, say well over an hour, if you are only being examined for one or two disabilities, it indicates often that the examiner is trying to fully be compliant and is checking everything completely. That kinda tends to be a good thing. But again, not always. Could be they keep going to find ways to deny or low ball you. I'd be cautiously optimistic. How's that for not pimping you up (too much). Good luck with your results. And let us know if there is any head gear involved.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 8/28/2019 at 10:46 AM, Riplip said:

So I got a call from a QTC Medical services yesterday and they are doing my C&P exam for anxiety due to my service connected hearing loss (70%). The company said the VA wanted this expedited and i'm not sure why. Nothing else has ever been fast. I put the claim in through my VSO 2 weeks ago and my appointment is next week. This same claim was denied 2 years ago when i didn't have representation and I didn't have a diagnosis or a Nexus. I have all of that now so I'm not sure if this goes back or just starts now. As you all know C&P's can suck and i'm already getting anxious and thinking about it too much. What should i expect from a anxiety/stress C&P? Thanks for any help 

Do you know the Anxiety Code for which you are trying to get service connected? the Codes start @ 9400 thru 9413  if we know what code they use we can better help you.

(jmo)= If you were service connected at 70% for your hearing loss  or from noise induced hearing loss at 70%  2 years ago  that means your darn near deaf.

also ask for tinnitus in your claim.

that is an extra 10% if you have a ringing or buzz sounds in your head  that are constant. (VA Audiologist will not tell you that) or most won't.

Also if you can't work due to this single  S.C. disability for hearing loss at 70% you should quantify for IU   this maybe the reason for the  expedited C&P Exam? DO YOU GET SSDI FOR HEARING LOSS?

if this new claim for anxiety disorder was just recently claimed  they should use the date you filed the claim..

if that was 2 years ago they should go by that date  but if your claim for Anxiety Disorder was recent they will go  by that date.

Hearing loss and anxiety are two separate claims  unless your filing a secondary claim for anxiety disorder due to your service connected hearing loss? then it becomes part of your 70%hearing loss claim.

If you can't work due to your 70% hearing loss you should file a Claim for IU...Because if you do get service connected for GAD ( General Anxiety Disorder ) depending on the severity of your symptoms   you may not get a rating 60% or higher to increase your 70% HL to the 100% rating. or a lower rating depending on your symptoms.

Do you know which anxiety disorder that you are claiming?

Examples***

The GAD ( General Anxiety Disorder)?  code 9400

Unspecific Anxiety Disorder? 9410

PTSD CODE 9411

Unspecified Anxiety Disorder ? Code  9413

or other anxiety Issues?

They are like 13 Different Anxiety Disorders  (not counting PTSD).but PTSD can include a  anxiety disorder as a  unspecific  anxiety disorder.

As soon as you can get your C&P Exam Report and see what code the examiner used?

Unfortunately we can't have two mental disorders rated at the same time.

Edited by Buck52

I do not know which one they are filing for. I think the c&p person was trying to figure that out. She was looking through the book and complaining about how many different ones there were and my issues were in a couple of them. Yes I am deaf without my hearing aids and I barely manage with them. I can work which is good but i wouldn't be able to replace my job if i were to lose it because of this. I've been here almost 20 years so they pretty much work with me and know to text or email me to get things done. I'm assuming it would be like GAD, Social phobia, definitely not ptsd and she said that as well. It sure is panic attacks and social phobia completely due to my hearing impairment. we will see in the many weeks to come. Thank you all

Well that was the quickest claim I have ever heard of. Filed on 8/14/19 and today 9/13/19 was awarded 50% for anxiety disorder bringing my combined up to 90%. I can't believe it went so smooth. I am very happy about this news.