VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mr.

Rate this question

lennwood saunders

Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If I understand your situation, you are rated 80%combined for PTD and your back injury :the VA has awarded 100%  rating for TDIU because you are unable to work. When did you get your award for your back? Did you appeal it yet? Has it been over a year since the rated it as 20%? If it is over a year since the award decision and you have not appealed it in the meantime, no you could not get back pay. 

21 hours ago, lennwood saunders said:

Had a claim for chronic back pain since 2008, later rated TDIU because of ptsd . i'm getting 100% pay at 80% rated. can I get back pay if my claim for chronic back pain is increased from 20% to 50% will I get back pay for the additional 30%

The first question is is the claim for you back still open?  If it is still open you may send them new medical evidence and continue to wait for the decision,  If you want to reopen the claim you still need to fill out the form to reopen the claim  ( you can do this on line at ebenfits) and send them the medical evidence.,  There will be no back pay since you are already being paid at the 100% rate with TDIU