Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P

Rate this question

Jahkel97

Question

Filed a claim for 4 issues PSTD, Sleep Apnea, Tinnitus and Headache. Receiving treatment at the VA for all issues with exception for Headache. Received a call from VES for a C&P exam for Headache only.

Does this mean I need to submit additional evidence regarding the 3 other issues?

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, of course you're right. The VA can and sometimes will try to hang it on before he went into the service hunting. But nowdays, if he is a fairly recent discharge, they do a thorough exam in boot camp, and then another when the veteran is discharged (usually). If there is a degrade of hearing, the hearing loss must be assumed to have been caused by service connection. If it doesn't show a degrade, then he has a hard time showing s-c. If it shows a hearing data in boot camp, but no records are available on discharge, the VA does the shuffle to find a way to deny, which they are pretty successful at. But a good IMO can win that because if they don't find and document you as being less than whole when you go in the service, they are supposed to find you "perfect".

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes he should be able to over come a denial if they come back and say his claim for hearing loss was caused by his hunting before military? .with a good IMO.

Most of us are denied for hearing loss first time around and have to get the IMO.

He needs to mentioning he used hearing protection (ear plugs)while hunting  and also test should have been made on his hearing loss at the induction into the military..I personally do not remember they ever tested me for my hearing at the time I was inducted into the military?

I don't remember taking a hearing test when I went in..all I remember is the physical by some Dr's.

We ALL HAD to stripped down naked and a HAD TO BEND OVER AND THEY CHECK OUR TESTICLES  COUGH TO THE RIGHT...NOW COUGH TO THE LEFT. got dressed .and a few medical questions  and that was the extent of my physical at induction. we were sworn in and   Then hit the road for Basic Training.

I don't remember taking a hearing test at my separation either?  just took my clip board and run around to all the places I was told to go  to get the NCO or officer to check off my separation papers  put the check marks in all the right places..I was just  so happy to be home and fixing to get out I just never cared or thought about a compensation claim back then or even knew about these claims back then

....I do remember getting to eat a T BONE STEAK Dinner in the officers quarters at the mess hall  at Oakland out processing center ...a buddy of mine was in special forces   and we took a bus to San Francisco   for a night out on the town to meet some ladies.

The next day I took a bus up to Portland Ore and Livingston Washington  then home to Oklahoma only by A&A Lines

Of course I was still Single.😉😊

On 9/8/2019 at 8:00 AM, Jahkel97 said:

Filed a claim for 4 issues PSTD, Sleep Apnea, Tinnitus and Headache. Receiving treatment at the VA for all issues with exception for Headache. Received a call from VES for a C&P exam for Headache only.

Does this mean I need to submit additional evidence regarding the 3 other issues?

I filed a claim for ptsd, tinnitus, hearing loss, and sleep apnea on August 8th. I have my c&p for hearing loss at 0730 today. So far, it's my only c&p scheduled.