Announcements

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
victor Gilkes

Appeal assistance please

Question

Attention all, I need assistance in writing my appeal for increase.  Below is my written statement.  Please  feel free at add or take away.

I am requesting an increase to my disability, due to a severity increase in my urinary frequency.  This caused an increase of voiding dysfunction.  I started experiencing an increase in having to go the bathroom at night and during the day. Now I am getting up at night and going to the bathroom at least 5 times each night.  This has cause me to not have a good night sleep in a long time.  During the daytime, I make sure I know exactly where a bathroom is located due to the amount of time I am using a bathroom.

I started going to the VA Medical hospital in DC to see what assistance  I can get for my issue. The doctor came up with a plan to give me 2 pills to help decrease the amount of times I use the bathroom.  It helps some nights and most nights id does not work.

The new meds hs caused ED more frequently. This has cause a loss of use.  My sex life is almost gone.  I'm assuming it's one of the side affects.  The meds I am taking are Mirabegron and Tamsulosin. 

Please pull my treatment records form the Washington DC VA medical center.

4 answers to this question

An appeal is for a formal denial.

Or maybe you are re-opening a past claim for a higher rating.....

Have you posted the denial here somewhere?

If not please cover your C file #, name, and scan and attach it here.

If it was denied, the VA gave a rationale that needs to be overcome with evidence.

Apparently this is one of your posts:

https://community.hadit.com/topic/73832-prostate-approved/page/2/#comment-474109

It helps to stay in the same thread .

That post contained a rational from the decision but we need to see the way the VA worded it.

2 hours ago, victor Gilkes said:

Attention all, I need assistance in writing my appeal for increase.  Below is my written statement.  Please  feel free at add or take away.

I am requesting an increase to my disability, due to an severity increase in my urinary frequency.  This caused an increase of voiding dysfunction.  I started experiencing an increase in having to go the bathroom at night and during the day. Now I am getting up at night and going to the bathroom at least 5 five times each night.  This has caused me to not have a good night sleep in a long time.  During the daytime, I make sure I know exactly where a bathroom is located due to the amount of time I am using a bathroom.

I started going to the VA Medical hospital in DC to see what assistance  I can get for my issue. The doctor came up with a plan to give me 2 pills  medications to help decrease the amount of times I use the bathroom.  It helps some nights and  but most nights idt does not work.

The new meds hsave caused ED more frequently. This has caused a loss of use.  My sex life is almost gone.  I'm assuming it's one of the side affects.  The meds medications I am taking are Mirabegron and Tamsulosin. 

Please pull my treatment records form the Washington DC VA medical center.

Victor,

This appears to be a good request for an increase.  Get with a VSO so you file the proper form or use ebenefits to file for the increase.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 9:44 AM, vetquest said:

Victor,

This appears to be a good request for an increase.  Get with a VSO so you file the proper form or use ebenefits to file for the increase.

Thanks, Vetquest.  I will do the sdjustments and submit the increase request.

Victor