VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal assistance please

Rate this question

victor Gilkes

Question

Attention all, I need assistance in writing my appeal for increase.  Below is my written statement.  Please  feel free at add or take away.

I am requesting an increase to my disability, due to a severity increase in my urinary frequency.  This caused an increase of voiding dysfunction.  I started experiencing an increase in having to go the bathroom at night and during the day. Now I am getting up at night and going to the bathroom at least 5 times each night.  This has cause me to not have a good night sleep in a long time.  During the daytime, I make sure I know exactly where a bathroom is located due to the amount of time I am using a bathroom.

I started going to the VA Medical hospital in DC to see what assistance  I can get for my issue. The doctor came up with a plan to give me 2 pills to help decrease the amount of times I use the bathroom.  It helps some nights and most nights id does not work.

The new meds hs caused ED more frequently. This has cause a loss of use.  My sex life is almost gone.  I'm assuming it's one of the side affects.  The meds I am taking are Mirabegron and Tamsulosin. 

Please pull my treatment records form the Washington DC VA medical center.

4 answers to this question

An appeal is for a formal denial.

Or maybe you are re-opening a past claim for a higher rating.....

Have you posted the denial here somewhere?

If not please cover your C file #, name, and scan and attach it here.

If it was denied, the VA gave a rationale that needs to be overcome with evidence.

Apparently this is one of your posts:

https://community.hadit.com/topic/73832-prostate-approved/page/2/#comment-474109

It helps to stay in the same thread .

That post contained a rational from the decision but we need to see the way the VA worded it.

2 hours ago, victor Gilkes said:

Attention all, I need assistance in writing my appeal for increase.  Below is my written statement.  Please  feel free at add or take away.

I am requesting an increase to my disability, due to an severity increase in my urinary frequency.  This caused an increase of voiding dysfunction.  I started experiencing an increase in having to go the bathroom at night and during the day. Now I am getting up at night and going to the bathroom at least 5 five times each night.  This has caused me to not have a good night sleep in a long time.  During the daytime, I make sure I know exactly where a bathroom is located due to the amount of time I am using a bathroom.

I started going to the VA Medical hospital in DC to see what assistance  I can get for my issue. The doctor came up with a plan to give me 2 pills  medications to help decrease the amount of times I use the bathroom.  It helps some nights and  but most nights idt does not work.

The new meds hsave caused ED more frequently. This has caused a loss of use.  My sex life is almost gone.  I'm assuming it's one of the side affects.  The meds medications I am taking are Mirabegron and Tamsulosin. 

Please pull my treatment records form the Washington DC VA medical center.

Victor,

This appears to be a good request for an increase.  Get with a VSO so you file the proper form or use ebenefits to file for the increase.

On 9/13/2019 at 9:44 AM, vetquest said:

Victor,

This appears to be a good request for an increase.  Get with a VSO so you file the proper form or use ebenefits to file for the increase.

Thanks, Vetquest.  I will do the sdjustments and submit the increase request.

Victor