VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P exam for foot and knee

Rate this question

Phild523

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I have had a C&P exam for those exact disabilities and mine didn't turnout so good because I didn't know what to expect or didn't know how to prepare for a C&P. So the first thing I would do is take a look at the DBQ for the disabilities (knees and feet) so you know what questions should be asked and what is expected of the examiner in general. Second ensure you have the medical documentation that the disability happened in the military and that you were seeking medical attention for those disabilities. Another reason for the documentation is so you can pinpoint in the records were that documentation is and if they do not have that documentation you can provide it to them.

Yep, because the examiner didn't perform the exam correctly which I am challenging that exam. I did not before that I could challenge the exam. Ask for a copy of the exam report from the doctor so you can see if exam went exactly as it was suppose to and all the information was on it. It is your right to have a copy. Preparation is key.

You are very welcome Sir. Don't be a stranger come back and talk to us and help another fellow Veteran. Knowledge is power only if you share.

• HadIt.com Elder

Phild523 Sound advise from Mike; its always great to get advise from someone who has been there, done that. I'd also like to also suggest not only to familiarize your self with the dbq, but go to https://militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/search.php. Find your disabilities and look up what the symptoms are for the rating levels. And at the C&P, don't be Macho-man; tell them on the range of motion when it starts to hurt you; that is where your ratings come from. Good luck.