VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Benefits Letter Changed

Rate this question

TMannfish

Question

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

That sounds very promising! Congratulations! It can vary, but check your mailbox and bank account daily if already setup with direct deposit from the VA. Don't go on a shopping spree until you have received both. Sometimes the direct deposit payment may arrive a day or so before the letter shows up in your mailbox.

Keep in mind that the status details on ebenefits may not always be perfect, which is why it is best to wait for the letter. If your retro is substantial, they may have to seek approval from some higher ups, which might take a bit of time depending on how far up it has to go.

44 minutes ago, Vync said:

Welcome to Hadit!

That sounds very promising! Congratulations! It can vary, but check your mailbox and bank account daily if already setup with direct deposit from the VA. Don't go on a shopping spree until you have received both. Sometimes the direct deposit payment may arrive a day or so before the letter shows up in your mailbox.

Keep in mind that the status details on ebenefits may not always be perfect, which is why it is best to wait for the letter. If your retro is substantial, they may have to seek approval from some higher ups, which might take a bit of time depending on how far up it has to go.

Thanks for the response Vync.  I have been in contact with the DAV for several weeks.  My claim was waiting on a 3rd signature 6 weeks ago and the DAV rep had already told me I was granted P and T.  It looks like all I need now is the retro and that BB envelope.  After 7 years this may be coming to an end

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats. Have some patience; you've waited 7 years, what a little more to let the VA use your money!