VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va ratings

Rate this question

unclejoe1

Question

I was awarded 100% temporary disability for both hips, temporary 100% ran out for both hips June 1st and reduced to 30% for each hip . I was given c&p last month for my hips.  My question is since I have an appeal in about intial rating of my hips, can I be given a new rating for c& p took  last month or will I have to wait until my appeal is heard?

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

When you have an operation or procedure that requires a lengthy re-coop, the VA awards a temp 100% rating. After a required amount of time passes, they call you in for a new C&P to see how your symptoms are after the medical procedure. They then rate you based on your current condition. That is standard SOP. If you have an appeal, that is great, but no intermediate uptick in rating will be awarded in the meantime. It is not in their procedures. If you win your appeal, and your rating increases from your new rating of 30%, you will be entitled to back pay comp for the time you were rated at the 30% rate.

• HadIt.com Elder

This reminds me of a emerengcy explortory surgery I had a the VA Hospital way back in 1984...I woke up very very sick one sunday morning I wa shurting so bad I wanted to die  I am stobbourn and would not go to the Dr.. Dallas Cowboys were playing that day at noon   this is when Charlie Waters and  Cliff Harris playing days anyway I didn't want to watch them I just wanted to be left alone to die...well my father -law came over  beings w ehad no medical insurance before I was service connect on any thing  he said lets take you to the VA it was 40 miles away  he rushed me to the VA my spouse had brought mt discharge and DD 214...They admitted me and did exploretory surgery and my appendix has rupture and I wa sin the Hospital for like 4 or 5 weeks..

Never even thought about a temp rating for 100% and no one ever mention a claim to me about it.

But when they checked me out of the hospital  they did a hearing test on my and the VA Audologist mention I had bad hearing problem..I should file a claim for it  was you in Nam I said yes...HE SAID THEN YOU WERE AROUND A LOT OF LOUD SUDDEN NOISE WITHOUT EAR PROTECTION...you could possibly have noise induced hearing loss caused from my Vietnam days but in 1998 is when I started the claims process   finally won my claim for hearing loss in 2002 back dated to 1999 WHEN i FILED FOR INCREASE AFTER I GOT IT SERVICE CONNECTED AT 0% BUT DID GET A 50% RATING IN 1999 

Had I known what i know now I could have got a lot of retro dated back to when I first talked to this VA Audiologist...so my NOD Time line run out......but my hearing kept getting worse and worse  so bad I could not hear tv or a car truck running  one time I had for got to turn off my truck I had thought i did but wife came home said why did you leave your truck running? I said what?  I never heard my truck running and forgot to turn the ignition off ...now I look at the RPM Gauge  its its not on 0 I Know my truck is still running...and one time I was a t work   working in the oil fields  and an over head crane was moving some heavy pipes over head and the crane came tumbling down and the workers holler at me to get out of the way  I said what  and about that time a co worker rushed to my side and shoved me out of arms way,  he saved my life  I could not hear them hollering at me to get out of the way...well I lost my job because of this and had a hard time trying to find another one  I had a criminal justice degree but could not work in law enforcement because of my bad hearing  and there was not much else i was train to do...so I went for about 10 years not being able to work and finally I won my hearing claim  and was given after all these years TDIU P&T  MY SPOUSE CARRIED THE  LOAD FOR THOSE 10 YEARS  LUCKLY FOR US OUR CHILDREN WAS GROWN UP AT THIS BAD TIME FOR US.