VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blue Button Secure Messages?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Something sneeky is going on with the VA SECURE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

I sent a secure message to my VA L.C.S.W.  To Cancel an appointment I had on 10 03/19 because my wife fell 10-02.19 that evening about 5::30pm..cooking supper she lost her balance in the kitchen and fell backwards on her hip (she has osteoporosis  very bad anyway..well she hollared for me I came in from the bedroom and she was lying in the floor with great pain  I could not move her..I called 911 they came ad took her straight to the nearest Hospital...I stayed up there until they got her pain down and awaiting on a surgeon to arrive the next day for her hip surgery.....I came home that same night while my wife was sleeping  to secure message my VA Therapist for her to cancel my 10-03-19 11:00am appointment and mention why...well they said they never got the message and I can't find it anywhere on the secure message site?  I sent it around 11:15 pm on 10-02-19...so now they say I was a NO Show 

I can't find my message I sent on that date anywhere..I find  a secure message I had sent asking if she got my message on 10-02-19...on 10-04-19

I think they deleted that message  but I can't prove it...crap like this just burns me up to no end.

What crap the VA will pull to get us in trouble.  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hell I had thought this is one of the main reasons for the secure messages?

I guess I can go to the paramedics that took her to the hospital that night via Ambalance and get the report  for 10-02-19 date   the date they took her to the Hospital

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hmm... Those should appear in your SENT folder. Might want to double-check by downloading your progress notes which should also contain a copy of all messages you send.

As far as being a no-show, don't let that weigh on you. Just think of all the times the VA canceled appointments without telling you or having to reschedule them for reasons beyond your control. If the VA doesn't understand the circumstances of why you couldn't make it, they should not be in the patient care business.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes vync I check the progress notes  they have what I have in secure messages  but not my first email cancelling the appointment.

I've check sent message   messages in all folders...its just not there  I Remember sending it  it was about 11:15pm on 10-02-19   I just got home from the hospital and was looking at the calendar on the frige and seen my appointment for 10-03-19 at 11:00am...this is when I sit down and sent the email to cancel ,apparently they never checked it until 10=04-19  therapist called 10-03 19 the day of my appointment and ask if I forgot I had an appointment for the 10-03 -19 date?

so now without that email dated 10-02-19 aarond 11:20 pm or so  I am screwed.

8 hours ago, Buck52 said:

well they said they never got the message and I can't find it anywhere on the secure message site?  I sent it around 11:15 pm on 10-02-19...so now they say I was a NO Show 

Buck don't worry about it you can show that you had a family emergency and that is why you could not make it. You have enough stress in your life without having to worry about missing this one appointment. If they won't clear the no show then I would email the director of the VA hospital or even the Chief of Staff of the VA. She has been really good about responding to my emails.

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul's advise sounds like a winner. You have plenty of records showing your responsiveness to appointments. Don't sweat the small stuff. I believe there is someone in charge for scheduling. Call the hospital and start going up the ladder until you get the response you need. If that's the biggest bump in the road for you this month, it's going to be a pretty good month for you

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah I agree with you guys

I just hate to have appointment not kept  in my record when I canceled it due to a family medical emergency before the appointment, it say on the secure message site some members will not  respond to this message until 3 days..so I recheck it after 3 days and they still did not receive my message on this?

This Appointment was for my PTSD Therapy and they really crack down on missing these appointments.

I secure messaged my therapist and ask if she can amend my record that shows ''Appointment Not Kept'' Due to a ''Family Medical Emergency.

If that is neglected  Then I'll just forget the whole thing.''