BVA Grant Wait time....

Rate this question

LJM

Question

March 2010 claims filed 

2011 NOD 

Jan 8, 2019 BVA Judge

June 10 - 4 grants, 3 remands, 3 denials 

This whole wait is because the Atlanta RO couldn’t determine whether my husband, a SSG in 1st RGR BN ever served in combat for service connection. Baffles me to this day. Nonetheless, almost a decade into this I am finding that the retro for the grants will take at least another year or more. I am curious as to anyone who can shed some light on their experience and or timeline. 
We do not have a lawyer. The American Legion is who represented him. We were told law offices slow you down in the process by many veterans. The American Legion has sent his denials to a law firm that has contacted to help with that part of the BVA decision. We have contacted them to see if they have any insight to a timeline on the grant decisions and they said no. All leads resort back to the general Atlanta RO and they are never helpful. 
Thank you for taking your time to read this. 

I am a civilian as well. And I have been telling my husband that I’m about to file ‘my own’ claim for ptsd caused by the va. 

This is a tremendous help and most of all from people who empathize. I will keep everyone posted as the events unfold. 

1 hour ago, LJM said:

I’m about to file ‘my own’ claim for ptsd caused by the va. 

Hey Al (bundy)... we have another one that has PTSD after dealing with the VA. Hopefully she doesnt have the number to Peggy (joke. since the 1800 # is referred as "Peggy") Just think, last year they closed the office that actually helped veterans. 

Lawyers don't slow things down. The entire system is clogged. Then you have DROs that say the system works. When good time are occurring in the country there are less claims and when Macro-economics isnt doing well, everyone comes out of the wood work and file. 

The whole process is aggravating. In my husbands case, the problem being they couldn’t determine he was in combat was an absolute ridiculous reason. How can you be a SSG in RGR BN and not have been to combat?! Like, if they thought he was lying, he should have been charged with fraud. They had all the proper documents. Yet, here we are looking out the window at a decade with the VA. 

I’m sorry to keep asking the same questions as I am new to fast letters and IRIS and all this. 
I wanted to ask to clarify.... again 

The fast letter is the 10-02 that is sent as it is already written to the RO email that was already provided. Is there anything that my husband has to write? Does he only send the 10-02 fast letter as is? OR Is he to change anything on this letter pertaining to him? OR just attach the fast letter with his basic info for the RO to attach it to his claim? 
Should he still send a IRIS email at this time?

When he calls our congressman does he just let them know he has emailed a fast letter and that is that? 

I do apologize because I am paying attention, yet I am confused as to what needs to be with the fast letter altogether. 

Thank you all for being patient with me. I‘m more than happy to offer my contact number to anyone just Incase. 
LJM

He has 3 grants 

Remands and Denials 

We don’t have a lawyer, yet there is a law firm that has contacted him for the denials that were sent from the American legion after the BVA decision was made. The American Legion represented him at his hearing in January. Other than that he has pretty much been solo and had little to no help. Basically, put his whole 300 page packet together himself. 
Right now we would like the grants to be rated and retro rewarded. 
I assume the remands will be years. The VA site shows that he is about 30,000 in line for that alone. 
He is doing the FL ,and IRIS if needed also, on Friday. I am gathering all that he needs as best I can and you all have been great!! Thank you again!