VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CUE My latest VA denial for TDIU - II

Rate this question

kanewnut

Question

I have received the receipt from USPS for my CUE that I sent to VA. This was back on 20 August. I have looked on VA.GOV and I don't see anything about it. Shouldn't I have received something by now. It looks as though they are trying to totally ignore me.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Had that happen to me. Sent mine in a month after you. I called the 1-800 number and they said it was received, but not in the system. They put in an IRIS inquiry which resulted in it showing up about a week later when it was assigned to someone. If I didn't call, it might still be in limbo like yours. Might be time to call them and find out what's up...

As Vync said call peggy, they're not ignoring you.

Think of it as returning a book to the public library. You dropped off the book in to the secure returns bin outside. They received it but now they have to send someone out to grab the bin full of books and bring it inside at the end of the day or the next morning. Then the young volunteer will grab a few and take them to the desk to put them back in the system. Then grab some more books and repeat. Then they take their book shelve shopping cart with say 30 books and look at one book walk to the section, put it back on the shelf where it belongs. Book by book.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

And don't get discouraged if you check frequently and see your status yo-yo'ing back and forth from one status to another. That can be viewed as a sign of something actually happening.

I second what vync says.  The head lawyer with your case will decide he want's more information and will send it back to his team.  They will find the information and send it back to the lawyer and so it goes.

I have also had good luck and positive experience with the Peggy (Henry) 1 800 number.  The dude spent 45 minutes taking info from me and searching the IRIS system and one week later my problem was solved with Ebenefits.  This was so far only time I used Peggy about one month ago. Cheers

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with the others put in an IRIS inquiry. 

Close to two and 1/2 months you should have heard something...even if they are logged down.