Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P for a secondary condition to ptsd

Rate this question

Kuwaitin08

Question

I had a C&P exam for a secondary condition to ptsd but the examiner had no information about my primary condition (already won claim). To make matters worse, they had no idea the exam was for the secondary condition. Lastly, once I told them, they refused to look at my supporting documentation. She stated they aren’t allowed to look at supporting evidence outside of their exam. 

WTF!?

• HadIt.com Elder

This just goes to show how much the VA is so screwed up.

I would go to the C&P Office and ask to see the Manager of the office  or the C&P CHIEF

as GB Mention ask to see the person that makes the schedules   this is the person who could made the screw up.

Please Note*

I would not say why you want to see them  > if the clerk ask   just say I don't like to discuss things about  business to anyone but the person or persons I need to talk to about it....something like that but be nice

or you can say you need to check on a C&P that you had on date**--**-****

.if you tell these clerks  the real reason they will go back there and let them know what you want and they may or may not try to hide it and tell the clerk to get rid of you  like no ones on in to see you or they are all out sick  or on vacation   they will lie to you  so be careful as to what you say to these clerks...that's how the VA operates 

they will or should reschedule a new C&P on the secondary condition that your claiming asap.  

if the C&P OFFICE don't get you the results you need  go see the  VA Hospital Director

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Kuwaitin08

Well, I would say you just found a $20 bill. Wright a letter to the Manager who does the scheduling or to the chief admin at your RO and tell them what she told you. If your claim comes back as disapproved (why wouldn't it, she didn't eval for the condition), you HLR right away. If that doesn't result in a new C&P but instead, a denial, they are shorting you on due process. I'll bet you get a new C&P pronto; and more likely than not, if your symptoms warrant it, it will be favorable. IMO. If that was negative also, you still have BVA to appeal to. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Just a inquiry 

Did you have this C&P? and did you get the report?  or did the examiner release you and not ask you any questions?   just curious.

usually the cancel it.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

As Buck says this just shows how screwed up the C&P process is.  I went to file a complaint with patient services against a doctor that was very ugly and demeaning and gave a five minute C&P exam.  The patient services chief warned me that filing a compliant would look bad on me.  He said he was only one of three neurologists that were at the hospital and it would make it hard for me to get treated.  I realized that he was most likely right and backed out of the complaint. 

The VA holds so much power over the vets and we all know that with power comes abuse.  I am amazed at what the public thinks about the VA.  I have had many people ask me if the VA has straightened out and are aghast when I tell them the truth.  The public supports vets mostly and are being kept in the dark about VA abuses.