VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file wait time

Rate this question

SPO

Question

So I have crossed over the 6 month mark since requesting my c-file.  I have checked online and called the 800 number without getting any further information.  I have also tried contacting Mary Ann Wentzel, who's name has come up in multiple places, but the email was not deliverable.  Any other ideas to get an actual status, or to get this thing moving before I run out of appeal time?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I decided to check the status of my c-file request on va.gov. They received it on December 23, 2019 and they estimate it will be completed August 9, 2020. 😐

• HadIt.com Elder

OK; good to know that they do (or sometimes do) post that there. And of course,  you are right about any ETS's posted, totally useless. I'd love to see the VA having to disclose their accuracy metrics. 

I certainly hope too many of the VA employees don't get wind burn for moving too fast!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, GBArmy said:

OK; good to know that they do (or sometimes do) post that there. And of course,  you are right about any ETS's posted, totally useless. I'd love to see the VA having to disclose their accuracy metrics. 

I certainly hope too many of the VA employees don't get wind burn for moving too fast!

One thing that I noticed on va.gov was they listed the claim as FOIA/Privacy Act request. I guess they just lump them both together.

I recall seeing someone post accuracy metrics a while back. They break it out by VARO and also BVA. Can't remember where I saw it.

So I'm at 10 months wait, and VA finally responded to an IRIS question.  They are saying that me putting in a higher level review delayed them finishing my C-File request.  So me putting in an appeal in order to keep my EED because they were taking to long to get my c-file, has now delayed my c-file.  Gotta love it.

So my C-file request was finally closed out on ebenefits today.  11 months and 7 days.  Now I'm guessing a week or so before it actually shows up.

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you go SF180, to your RO, or to Janesville? How did yo request?