Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher level review

awfullsharky

I appreciate it guys. Its just hard to swallow seeing I've not been able to work for over a year now due to these disabilities. and trying to live and raise a child on 1400 a month is beyond difficult. Hoping and praying it comes before Christmas but not going to hold my breath!

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync

You are probably right; VA padding the numbers. But my point is that the VA takes liberties with payments delays  on claims just to slow down the outflow of their funds whenever they can. Just like other artificial barriers they use. An example was they would take a year or two just to certify that a claim could be forwarded to the BVA for appeal before the AMA went into effect. There was no added value by the VA; just a time delay. You know the montra, delay, deny and hope the veteran dies.

I don't understand why the VSO can't tell you what the status is. 

I had a HLR grant for an EED which was for a larger amount, I received the letter within a few days of the grant. The letter only mentioned how much would be held back while the military decided my Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay (CRDP).  It took about 30 days more or less to get the first deposit and another 30 days to get a second deposit for CRDP.

Both checks were below the $25K mark so it did not need as many signatures to get the money. The larger the check the more signatures it takes. But I did start receiving my normal VA check at the 100% right away (the 1st of the following month).

Hang in there for you will eventually get it, and congratulations on the win. 

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

• Adminstrator
1 hour ago, GBArmy said:

Vync

You are probably right; VA padding the numbers. But my point is that the VA takes liberties with payments delays  on claims just to slow down the outflow of their funds whenever they can. Just like other artificial barriers they use. An example was they would take a year or two just to certify that a claim could be forwarded to the BVA for appeal before the AMA went into effect. There was no added value by the VA; just a time delay. You know the montra, delay, deny and hope the veteran dies.

So I am have asked this question before when talking to some people at the VA and it does seem the larger the claim they will try to push it to the next month, almost as if there is incentive to have lower months and other months to just bite the bullet and push big ones through.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe  that Shrek. Fits right into my thinking they are delaying whenever to push out the cash flow a little further. I wish we knew how the VA quota/commission incentives system works for real. Just the upper levels get the bonuses, or how far does it flow down? Maybe there isn't one, but it sure would explain a lot of obvious errors if there was one.

Well they kicked it back to gathering evidence the other day and sent me a form for unemployability. I didnt ask for it but they are sending anyway. what does that mean? That they think i need it or what? I do need it but coulnt get it due to my current rating. Which my liaison from the va said is getting increased from another claim to 90 ( tentatively ).