VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary Heart Conditions

Rate this question

CVUSMC

Question

• HadIt.com Elder
37 minutes ago, allansc2005 said:

Man Buck, this is scary, I was just wondering about Gastone myself.

I was going over my emails from him, and was wondering what happened to him?

Hope to God he's OK.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

Yes it is scary  I hated  that .

I miss him a lot as well as Ms Carlie Cash..she was the expert on most all claims but really really well helping Veterans with CUE Claims she loved those CUE's  and I miss Old Stretch as well  he use to work with John  & Jerald at the hadit Podcast Radio shows.

Yes Buck, Gastone gave a lot of good information out.

I have one email from him that had me laughing so hard, I choked and spilled a glass of Crown & Coke all over my keyboard!🤣

Hope he returns real soon.

God is good. 

Allan

On 12/23/2019 at 12:30 PM, Buck52 said:

If you have been rated permanently and totally disabled for at least 10 years, then your wife would also be eligible for DIC, even if your death was the result of a non-service-connected injury or disease.

I need to make it to 8/2028 then for my spouse to be eligible for DIC. Unless my hypertension causes me to have a stroke or heart attack I won't be dieing from any of my other disabilities. I will need to live to at least 70, so I guess I better get on the old tread mill...lol

As always thanks for the info Buck!!!

On 12/23/2019 at 12:15 PM, Buck52 said:

Gastone was a great help Helping Veterans with their claims  here on Hadit 

He really helped me with my SA claim, besides the advice he always encouraged me with my claim.

I pray that he is still holding on, but if he has passed on I rejoice that he no longer hurts and enjoying walking the streets of gold!!

God bless you Gastone.

@Paul, Lots of Omega-3, green teas, fish, fish oils, daily multiple vitamins, and try to walk daily as much as possible.

I'm sure you already know the diet and exercise routine by now.

I've been doing all the above now for bout 3 years, have lost 32 pounds, blood pressure is excellent(eat oatmeal daily), and all my labs, including LDL/HDL are normal.

I'm mid 60's, and cam e to realize you just gotta make some life changes when it comes to your health.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

@allansc2005 Well my BP is being controlled by 4 different meds right now. But I do need to lose weight (more than I want to admit...lol). 

I lost my sense of smell and along with it my taste buds, so now a lot of things don't taste good to me, including oatmeal which I use to love to eat). 

I am 62 and really need to get myself in better shape. Just losing some weight will be a big help. When I move next year I plan on buying a home with a pool which will help me a lot.