Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

THE 21-4140-1 EMPLOYMENT QUESTIONNAIRE?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok  This is the start of a New Year  & I know this has been debatable on here  now for a few years about IU Veterans do not need to send it in anymore  but I must ask 

Do Veterans with a TDIU P&T Rating need to still send in the Form

21-4140-1

Answer if you know for sure  then put your information down.

Note *  If you were sent a letter from your R.O. letting YOU know that you do not need to send in this form  remember that is YOU AND IT MAY OR MAY NOT BE FOR EVERY VETERAN.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

4 answers to this question

Buck,

I'm TDIU 80% P&T since 14 Sep 11 and have yet to recall the VA ever sending me VA Form 21-4140 to complete.  Furthermore, I've never sent one to the VA on my own accord.  However, I still follow all VA protocol, appointments and medications.  I've never sought out any type of employment since then either.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm not an expert on IU/TDIU, but recall that TDIU don't need to send in the form. It would never hurt for them to get it if there are any concerns.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder
27 minutes ago, MPsgt said:

Buck,

I'm TDIU 80% P&T since 14 Sep 11 and have yet to recall the VA ever sending me VA Form 21-4140 to complete.  Furthermore, I've never sent one to the VA on my own accord.  However, I still follow all VA protocol, appointments and medications.  I've never sought out any type of employment since then either.

yes sir I totally understand, they have never sent me one either, but I have sent this form in for the last 18 years now...someone here on hadit last year or year before last mention they got a letter from their R.O. Letting them know that he/she don't need to send in this form anymore   even if your not past the 20 year protection rule.

Also some one mention that  IU Veterans don't need to send in this form if they do not work or show an income tax payment to IRS From their employer...

VA will see that your working  and send you a letter letting you know since you are working (as we check with the IRS yearly) but since you are working you don't need to send us this form...however be on the look out for a reduction letter to reduce your IU payment since you are working your Service connected condition or conditions must have improved.

you will be set up with a couple of C&P exams to Re- Evaluate your s.c. conditions.

I was told by a DRO years ago that  the VA may or may not send you this form but if they don't - don't take it for grante that your not suppose to send it in , it is the IU  Veterans duty to make sure they send in this form every year  RATHER OR NOT THE VA SENDS IT TO YOU.

So I don't know   some say yes you do and some say no you don't,???

Until I get a letter from my Respected R.O.  I WILL SEND IN THIS FORM 21-4140-1

I only need 2 more forms  one actually after this one...but I am not taking any chances  dealing with these people for the last 25/35 years now   I don't need the stress anymore.

Everyone I sent in I got the sigh return receipt from my R.0.

One thing is since 2014 I been AS E BENEFITS as it I HAVE A fINAL 100% DEGREE IN MY RATING  with SMC S  H.B. AND SMC K...BEFORE THAT I WAS 90% COMBINED RATING FOR TDIU P&T

However since I was 90% TDIU P&T BEFORE THE SMC WAS INFERRED IN 2014 BECAUSE OF A NEW AND SEPARATE RATING OF 70% that is a part of my initial ratings  so that makes me still IU.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Funny I was allowed worried about this when then made me tdiu P and T in 2016 and then 1 year later made me 100% scheduled p and T by continuing to fight bc of Hadit. Even here my fights never over  it was a fight then to get family VAchamp then life insurance in case I die.... never stop going until your dead