VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea secondary to Rhinitis

Rate this question

Fat

Question

Veteran group member is scheduled to have a sleep apnea test on Saturday. He is currently service connected for rhinitis. His preliminary visit was positive. He spoke with a Nurse Practitioner and she reported rhinitis is a medical condition that is associated with sleep apnea. In lieu of the positive first visit, she indicated nothing could be ascertained until a sleep study is conducted. Hopefully everything will proceed well. The veteran has two previous sleep studies from 2009 and 2013. However they were before his service connected rhinitis in 2016. What is the specific language needed in a nexus statement if the sleep study is positive. I know more likely than not, but there is other specific language of needing breathing machine too. He needs this information because the doctor will review the results with him the following morning.  Thanks..............

NEVER GIVE UP

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Fat If he has s-c for rhinitis, it should be fairly easy to connect for his doc. He should say the the OSA is secondary to his s-c rhinitis. OSA has been proven to to be a direct cause of R; see studies (do your research showing those results ex. Brown University journal of medicine 123, dated xyz . It is my professional and medical opinion that more likely than not OSA has caused the R for veteran. I am not a VSO, Agent or lawyer and the advise provided is my opinion only. You should consult professional legal and medical advise.

Actually, along with the statement the doctor needs to state that the entire medical records were reviewed and he needs to justify his opinion base on the medical records

When he gets his results they will tell him how sever it is.  They treat osa spells over 5 hour. If you get a cpap machine it’s 50% .

i have 39 apenic spell per hour I went to a bipa machine and I’m downto 1 hr.

telling you this is the bipa if it  isn’t helping..