VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal granted

Rate this topic

gba

In 2017, the Veterans administration audited my benefits. It was determined that I received an overpayment of 39,000. Waivers were denied. In 2018 I filed an appeal. I presented evidence which my audit.

The evidence was available on the E-benefits page outlining payment history. I was granted my appeal after 2 years and 24,000 dollars reduction of benefits. The financial hardships are heavy. I am single.

Cant imagine the impact on a family. This is a success because I decided to follow my initial instinct. Not sure about the return of deductions. Haven't received paperwork. Good fortune to all especially to families.  

GBA

Good on you for appealing! Same as @vetquest, my small family couldn't take a blow like this, not to mention I'm not at the correct rating right now anyways (pending almost 8 years of backpay once my appeal goes through...)

We we're on the brink of homelessness on at least 3 different occasions. Full time jobs are extremely limited in my small town without a college degree. Went through 3 jobs before I re-injured myself to the point that I couldn't work, at least for a while (spine surgery) - several denials, didn't get issued C&P's for a diagnosed condition w/ other caluza elements of evidence.

All we can do is press on, until we either dead end, or succeed, and then help other fellow Veterans do the same.

Congratulations on your win!!!   

Supreme Court Justice, Roberts, was startled to hear that VA takes a position which is "substantially unjustified" against the Veteran greater than 50 percent of the time.  What does this mean?  

It means the lawyers who work for VA figure out a bogus denial, and then fight the Veteran.  

On 2/22/2020 at 2:25 PM, gba said:

In 2017, the Veterans administration audited my benefits. It was determined that I received an overpayment of 39,000. Waivers were denied. In 2018 I filed an appeal. I presented evidence which my audit.

The evidence was available on the E-benefits page outlining payment history. I was granted my appeal after 2 years and 24,000 dollars reduction of benefits. The financial hardships are heavy. I am single.

Cant imagine the impact on a family. This is a success because I decided to follow my initial instinct. Not sure about the return of deductions. Haven't received paperwork. Good fortune to all especially to families.  

GBA

They audited your benefits?  They deemed your percentages to be wrong?  Did they do a follow up C&P to determine this?  This would be terrible.

I'm P&T at 100% but I still worry this could happen to me.  The words 'you're being audited' brings anxiety to another level.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use