VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vba remand

Rate this question

Remisdad

Question

6 answers to this question

Indeed it is- 

If there is some way you can follow the remand yourself ( the remand will call the RO's attention to what is missing)-by all means do that.

The only BVA case I had (had one other rendered moot because I had won it at RO by time of the BVA decision)

called for a remand and I already have posted here what I did to satisfy the remand myself.

The BVA wanted a third VA opinion (I had 2 VA opinions against the claim) but I had  3 IMOs for the claim.

I rebutted the third C & P exam the BVA ordered ,sent ny rebuttal to the VA, and the BVA s--t canned it as it had no merit.

These were posthumous exams and since the actual veteran claimant was dead, -as his widow, I was quite aggressive in fighting  back ( for every VA  issue I had that they had denied initially - right off the bat.)

Edited by Berta

Remands like C & P exams can be tricky, they can span over years and C & P examiners give their own medical opinion which can differ over time.  Make sure your records are up to date and make sure you get a current progress (symptoms) report. Some symptoms can be chronic and some symptoms wax and wane, as Ms. Berta said "try to get the evidence BVA is looking for" and get it in your file and or send it to BVA and the VARO. This is a good thing, it is a lot better than a denial.

Edited by pete992

A remand by the BVA usually is telling the RO that things were done incorrectly, either not enough information to make an informed decision or the decision is in error.  This can be very good for you.  You will get a copy of the remand and in it a description of the error that the BVA thinks that the RO has been made and usually a route to correct the problem.  Read this decision carefully and you can ascertain the information that the BVA wants to be included or the error of the RO's decision.  When you get the decision, if you are not sure what the BVA is looking for post your decision here an you will receive all of the help that we can give you.

Thanks y'all. The undersecretary or director seemed higher than an RO to me and confused me because I thought a remand would go lower.  It also said something about it needing to be extraschedular. So thanks again

I thought a remand to the Compensation Director meant that for the appeal to be approved, the veteran would first have to be approved as Extra Scheduler.  Meaning, the veteran is asking for a higher percentage than that particular disability pays.  

For example, the highest rating for migraines is 50%.  If the veteran believes that he/she deserves more than that (say 70%), then it would first have to be approved by the compensation Director.