Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

supplemental acceptable records

Rate this question

SPO

Question

I'm still working on my supplemental and I wanted to see if you all thought these documents would be acceptable medical records.  They are the online versions I can get from my 2 different rheumatologist's patient portals.  They show diagnosis for Inflammatory polyarthropathy, and psoriatic arthropathy, and back pain (it seems they are all just different ways of saying psoriatic arthritis). Take a look and let me know what you guys think.  One thing I noticed is one doctor named most of the joints I have issues with, but missed my ankle.  Should I ask him to edit and add that in, or just let it go?  He agreed to do a DBQ and nexus letter, so I don't know if that is necessary.  Also, just so everyone knows the VA has never seen these records before.  Please let me know if I missed anything in redacting.  Thanks

PHR mar 2020_Redacted.pdf PHR sep 2019_Redacted.pdf Rheum_Redacted.pdf

1 minute ago, SPO said:

Just sent him a corrected revision with more likely than not.

Good because the VA would have nailed you for it.

When it comes to nexus letter/IMO/IMEs, always triple check everything including dates.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hucast21 was spot on; you probably would have been denied just on the nexus not supporting.

• HadIt.com Elder

This should be ok being this Dr read his records and also treating him for this condition

After a review of the pertinent records it is my professional opinion that it is at highly likely that Mr. ****** condition is a caused by/secondary to his service connected psoriasis.
In my personal experience and in the medical literature it is known (explanation of connection between my psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis with any literature references, if possible)
Signed.
Dr._________

Although this is how the VA likes things to be worded

as Hucast21 mention

. is due to” (100% sure)

. “is more likely than not” (greater than 50%)

.“ at least as likely as not” (equal to or greater than 50%)

. “not at least as likely as not” (less than 50%)

.“ is not due to” (0%)

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!