VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplimental claim closed

Rate this question

dodger

Question

Three weeks ago I sent in new and relevant evidence to the VA to support my claim increase for a single disability via my VSO. I had Dr. notes, a Private dr. filled out DBQ, and VA Dr. notes...  I just received an update on va.gov saying my case closed and to contact my VSO for further details? I have an email sent to my VSO as of a few minutes ago. does that seem a little to fast?

8 hours ago, broncovet said:

Your VSO "should" have VBMS access, so he and you can view your file and "see" what is illegible.  Then send the illegible information to VA.  If your VSO does not have VBMS access, my advice is to get one who does.  

I wonder why your VSO didnt tell you this?  Wait, I know.  They either dont care, or dont know.  

Leaning more towards don’t care imo. 

It turns out my VSO dropped the ball. He sent in one document, one! I GAVE him 7 documents. I have already resubmitted and made sure he sent in all the documents. This was the first time I ever used a VSO. I felt like I GAVE up control of my claim. Never again.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dodger I feel sorry for you. But this is a perfect example of why so many of us say stay away from a VSO. I mean, what could be the possible excuse?  What makes you think he won't screw up or just do NOTHING for you again? If the VA hasn't made a decision yet, you can still submit if it wasn't a FDC. It will just needlessly delay. 

GBArmy nothing makes me think he wouldn't screw up again. He would not call me, even after I asked him to, only email. He Promised me this time he would send in everything. I think he did actually do his job this time because QTC called me for a C&P exam (which I talked about in a different post) and they did have my civilian Dr. DBQ and notes from my Dr. this time.      

1 hour ago, dodger said:

GBArmy nothing makes me think he wouldn't screw up again. He would not call me, even after I asked him to, only email. He Promised me this time he would send in everything. I think he did actually do his job this time because QTC called me for a C&P exam (which I talked about in a different post) and they did have my civilian Dr. DBQ and notes from my Dr. this time.      

QTC is where you would want to go for a third-party C&P exam. All my buddies who had a QTC exam got service-connected for their disability.

I was sent to an LHI C&P exam, and the NP outright denied me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hucast21 I understand that we just can offer opinions based on our own personal experiences and what we have learned. But, just as I have learned that MOST VSO's aren't going to be very good, I never say ALL VSO's aren't good. Because all people are different. We just have to search them out and find a good one if we want their services. I believe that holds true for the VA contractors also. Just like VSO's, there are going to be good contractor examiners and then, some not so good.Certainly, we can say the same for C&P's done directly at the VA. Sometimes we get a good one, sometimes not.From my experience, it really doesn't mean that one particular contractor, LHI, VES, QTC, whoever is going to any better, or any worse, than the others. I had a C&P at LHI and the examiner was very fair. I just don't think we should say so and so is a slam dunk for one way or another. IMHO.