Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question to forum members who have a high percentage disability rating (80% or more)

Rate this topic

Hucast21

40 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

If your awarded IU  it depends on your severity of your  s.c.disability

if it shows not to improve in your life time  or its rated as chronic and NO future exams scheduled...if it is you should get P&T

if it don't you will likely get the IU with future exams scheduled.

Oh it’s severe enough. Five suicide attempts in the past 7 years - four of which were attempted hanging and the last one was almost walking in front of a car in February.

Been hospitalized multiple times for migraine headaches and admitted to inpatient VA psychiatric ward three times in the past two years.

• HadIt.com Elder
10 minutes ago, Hucast21 said:

Oh it’s severe enough. Five suicide attempts in the past 7 years - four of which were attempted hanging and the last one was almost walking in front of a car in February.

Been hospitalized multiple times for migraine headaches and admitted to inpatient VA psychiatric ward three times in the past two years.

Yes sounds like it to me  but you need a Qualified Dr to state this , they don't take the veterans word on it , all these S.A.* (suicide attempts) needs to be documented in your medical records,which I am sure they will be.

This is probative & credible  evidence.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Just now, Buck52 said:

Yes sounds like it to me  but you need a Qualified Dr to state this , they don't take the veterans word on it , all these S.A.* (suicide attempts) needs to be documented in your medical records,which I am sure they will be.

This is probative & credible  evidence.

I have an IME w/IMO from a board-certified psychiatrist stating it is. In the IMO, he went through my medical history in chronological order starting from my military service till now.

It’s why an attorney even took my case to begin with - the RO was just rubber stamping denial for my claim. Now we go to the BVA, and hopefully I win there.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that.

what was there reason for the denial? 

hope you have all this paper work (MEDICAL RECORDS FROM SERVICE AS WELL AS PRIVATE RECORDS AND WHAT THE VA Has on you. so you can get your correct EED.

Line up your symptoms the C&P Examiner checks yes in his report  & according to this rating formula is what you should be rated.

General Rating Formula for Mental Disorders

Rating
Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name. 100
Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, or mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation; obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure, or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence); spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a worklike setting); inability to establish and maintain effective relationships. 70
Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity due to such symptoms as: flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech; panic attacks more than once a week; difficulty in understanding complex commands; impairment of short- and long-term memory (e.g., retention of only highly learned material, forgetting to complete tasks); impaired judgment; impaired abstract thinking; disturbances of motivation and mood; difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships. 50
Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks (although generally functioning satisfactorily, with routine behavior, self-care, and conversation normal), due to such symptoms as: depressed mood, anxiety, suspiciousness, panic attacks (weekly or less often), chronic sleep impairment, mild memory loss (such as forgetting names, directions, recent events). 30
Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or symptoms controlled by continuous medication. 10
A mental condition has been formally diagnosed, but symptoms are not severe enough either to interfere with occupational and social functioning or to require continuous medication. 0

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Two unfavorable C&P exams - one for the migraines and the other for depression. Filed a NOD and submitted the IME w/IMO, still got denied. 

I have all my records in a fire proof vault.

Now my claim is going before the BVA.

Edited by Hucast21

• HadIt.com Elder

something seems very wrong here you been denied for these in the last 7 years? and you submitted all your evidence Dr'reports   Law reports VA Reports   all is of Record......>the whole enchilada 

''Five suicide attempts in the past 7 years - four of which were attempted hanging and the last one was almost walking in front of a car in February.''

for the past 7 years  if you been in Appeals this long  and have recieved a DENIAL on each Appeal ? With SOC  SSOC something is not right?

you should have already filed I-9 to the BVA or CAVC.....SOMETHING JUST DON'T SEEM RIGHT?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use