VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.gov makes no sense

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

I was granted a BVA remand last year and I am waiting for my new decision.  I looked on VA.gov today and it states that my appeal is waiting to be sent to the judge. This makes absolutely no sense because after receiving my BVA grant and remand the local VARO office has not made a decision, so for VA.gov to show that my claim is waiting to be sent to a judge makes no sense. I know Ebenefits and VA.gov are not updated that much but to be off by a years is crazy.

Disability compensation appeal updated on May 1, 2020

Edited by pacmanx1

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Yes.  Its my "opinion" that ebenefits and VA.gov are basically "honeypots" of money for contractors of well connected politicians.  By the time the many people on down the line "take" their take in the large pot, its a very small amount of money for an IT department that is way over funded but under delivers on its promises.   IT departments in VA have squandered many billions of taxpayer dollars for IT systems which, are, well they are like ebenefits and VA.gov, they are more of a source of frustration for Veterans than any real use.  

The IT departments are not the only things like this in VA, its just one of them, and one of the worst.  Here is another example how VA squandered at least 1.3 billion dollars:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/denver-va-hospital-finished-but-1-3-billion-over-budget-report

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
16 hours ago, broncovet said:

Here is another example how VA squandered at least 1.3 billion dollars:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/denver-va-hospital-finished-but-1-3-billion-over-budget-report

I was thinking about that when reading this other topic:

when I worked at DMC, we had a team revising the decades old software CAROLS.

They had a eight person contractor team that had been there forever doing the work right next to my cube. They were finally moved into the sub-basement of the Whipple building.

Two items that stuck me:

1. They made it mandatory to provide input for the new CAROLS software. After years, they were still getting the fundamentals???

2. Years later, I heard the team had discarded all their work, and was going for an off-the shelf package.

In sum, @broncovet

Just got a letter from VA, they separated my claim and made one appeal into two.  I recently won an EED last year on one appeal and VA separates the contention of the same appeal for increase to another appeal. I am still waiting for my EED award now a new judge will review my claim for my increase since I also disagreed with the rating percentage of my EED claim. Not sure if this will be another remand or a grant but all the evidence was there that I had already met the highest rating which I was seeking but low balled. Anyone know why the VA would separate these two claims for one contention?

• HadIt.com Elder

My guess, because they can...

You know, deny and if that doesn't work, delay.

I know, what I should have asked is has this happened to anyone else? Or has anyone has experience with VA doing something like this to their claim?

Edited by pacmanx1