VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does 100% for unemployability get additional benefits?

Rate this question

rexlan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

pacmanx1

gives a good example in his post,

...after 100% P&T  or even before P&T if they determine your disability will not improve in your life time  and you file for another separate and distinct condition and its direct service connected  or secondary to an already service connected condition and is rated 60% or above  then you should get the SMC S, and any other conditions that may arise in the future and you file and get them service connected   depends on the severity  but you could climb  up the SMC Later  so-to -speak for higher level of compensation...I think for the worst veterans  that have the total compensation,   the amount is like 8,5000/8,885.00 monthly but this veteran is totally bed ridden and missing limbs  and need the aid of another person 24-7     

I would think that veteran in this condition has no quality of life  left  and just existing..I hope and pray I never get like that..I'd rather die  before I put my family through something like that. 

33 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

pacmanx1

gives a good example in his post,

...after 100% P&T  or even before P&T if they determine your disability will not improve in your life time  and you file for another separate and distinct condition and its direct service connected  or secondary to an already service connected condition and is rated 60% or above  then you should get the SMC S, and any other conditions that may arise in the future and you file and get them service connected   depends on the severity  but you could climb  up the SMC Later  so-to -speak for higher level of compensation...I think for the worst veterans  that have the total compensation,   the amount is like 8,5000/8,885.00 monthly but this veteran is totally bed ridden and missing limbs  and need the aid of another person 24-7     

I would think that veteran in this condition has no quality of life  left  and just existing..I hope and pray I never get like that..I'd rather die  before I put my family through something like that. 

I feel the same way in regards to your last paragraph. Heck, just hand me a loaded firearm and I’ll do the deed myself.

Edited by Hucast21