VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does 100% for unemployability get additional benefits?

Rate this question

rexlan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Rexlan I think you would be better off if you did your own research on that; you may find benefits you weren't aware of. Search success stories under forum. Also just do a general search ""VA benefits for TDIU. Then if you can't find an answer, we can address. You learn more if you do the digging rather than someone handing you a limited answer.

OK ...  I have already spent hours on this and this was last resort.  I always do my own research first.  Can't even get an answer from the VSO and VA sites are not stellar -- I will move on.

What you are looking for is being considered P & T (Permanent And Total) Disability through VA. Yes, it is hard to get to 100% from 70% but you don't have to. Since you are already rated at 70% TDIU due to PTSD.  If VA determines that your condition is permanent then you can be granted P & T.  If VA determines that your PTSD is worst, you can be awarded 100% scheduler PTSD. Be forewarned this rating could cause VA to determine you are incompetent to manage your own funds/finances.   A veteran can be rated 70% TDIU P & T and the rating would award the veteran the 100% compensation pay.  The P & T would allow CHAMPVA (DEPENDENT HEALTH CARE) DEA(DEPENDENT EDUCATION)  and Dental for the veteran.  Search for form VA 21-8760.

Yes, 100 percent for TDIU should result in additional benefits.  Does the decision letter say "eligibility for Chapter 35 DEA is established?"

Some benefits are state benefits and states are different there.  Some are ok with TDIU, while others want 100 percent P and T schedular (not TDIU), for some benefits.  

Did you get your free life insurance (10,000), and your dental care?