Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FYI- SOME VAMCs are Open for Exams again

Rate this question

brokensoldier244th

Question

Exams that were being sent strictly to contractors before, due to VAMCs not being open, are starting to be routed back to VAMCs. This is going forward from last Friday- not sure if prior scheduled exams will be re-created for VAMC vs vendor.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Broken Does it appear to be a particular type of in-house C&P, like MH, or across the board. It may be variable from one VAMC to another also depending on available resources, et.?

I didnt look across the board. Each vamc has a list of DBqs they examine for in house and it changes, so before every claim is scheduled for exams there is a tool tool that is checked to see whether it needs to go to a vendor or a vamc. It can only be searched by zip code (based on veteran location) so there isn't a way to look at all of them at once. 

Basically this is putting it back to what it was before Covid but a lot of the physical exams are not being done, still, with many still being referred to ACE(acceptable clinical evidence) when possible, or telehealth. I do know that VAMC docs are doing exams again because I got a call the other day about one.

I just wanted everyone to know because all exams for the last two or so months were being referred to vendors pretty much exclusively. Going forward this should speed up exams a bit rather than having them only queued up with one set of providers. 

https://www.knowva.ebenefits.va.gov/system/templates/selfservice/va_ssnew/help/customer/locale/en-US/portal/554400000001018/content/554400000015809/M21-1,-Part-III,-Subpart-iv,-Chapter-3,-Section-A---Examination-Requests-Overview#4

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• HadIt.com Elder

That is interesting. And as you say, the more options there are, the more likelihood that the process won't get bogged down. There is enough stops/delays for the different steps in each claim process as it is, we don't need any added on.

• HadIt.com Elder

My VA MH Therapist &I  just had a video conference today at 11:00 am, the VA Sends me the connection to connect  the microphone and the video picture together  her computer and mine..we been doing this by weekly for the last 2 1/2 months now   basically right after the president Announced  the Pandemic .

I ask her today if they are going to keep using this Video Virtual conference like we been doing?  she said as for as she knows they will be doing it the rest of the year   

*Depends on the next wave of the corona virus hits?  they say if it does  it will hit worse than this last time...

Unfortunately she did not know anything about how The C&P will be conducted ? but she said she would think not in person exams, so the C&P Exams maybe still use the tele-health  or the virtual conference like my therapist and I have been doing. 

So for Our VAMC is closed to all scheduled in-person Appointment's  until further Notice.

I have had three Appointments Canceled so for.  one rescheduled to Nov 14th 2020

Ive been doing Telehealth since last year. You can request it but you may have to be switched to a PCP that does it, not all of them do. They have a separate scheduling desk/dept, also. 

• HadIt.com Elder

They really can't do the Tele-Health  on certain exams?  but they can if all they do is ask questions?  but they may do the Virtual conference exams?  where they can look you face to face...but can't do any measuring or any ROM's But the Veteran can show them on the screen? 

I AM NOT 100% SURE But they DO NOT WANT IN -PERSON EXAMS.. Now maybe each VAMC is doing things differently.?