VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

needing a good VA lawyer

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

I don't see my post from yesterday, lets try it again. Fast run down, on my post back in 2014 on my denial claim on a cue and appeal. I have seen a VA judge 3 months ago (March) got denied again. I know thru my DAV rep to pursue this further I must hire a VA lawyer. And I got to do this with in 120 days. My DAV is telling me it's over his head or pay grade was his words. Can anyone on here recommend a lawyer with a good track record. Also what perc entage is the going rate they charge. thanks

THe advice is good you have so far.  I will add this:

You should contact multiple lawyers.  Reason:  Many are busy and cant/wont accept new claimants, some do not have expertise in your particular legal issue, and still others may not see eye to eye and agree that you have an "issue of merit".  

THERE are a shortage of attorneys who represent Vets:  There are about 25 million Veterans, and probably a thousand or so Vet attorneys.  Go to the NOVA website and contact those listed, or pick from this list:

https://www.vetadvocates.org/directory/widget_search?current_page=1&sort_type=featured&filter={"additional_info.show-profile-on-sustaining-membership-directory"%3A+"yes"}&asset_type=company_user&display_type=default

Some names Im familiar with a good reputation:

Carpenter chartered:  The very best, and very experienced. 

CCK law:  Huge, well experienced firm.

Chris Attig:  Experienced, but busy.

These top 3 are very busy.  But there are still good alternatives:

Hill and Pontoon

Woods and Woods

Bergman and Moore

Katrina Eagle

Doug Rosinski

and other attorneys on the nova list will likely do well by you.  

YOUR COST:  ZERO.  Why?  At the CAVC level of appeals EAJA almost always pays the fees if you win.  Most or all of these attorneys, if they accept your case, will likely accept eaja fees for compensation.    HOwever, discuss this with your attorney in all cases.  

Source:  I have hired 3 attorneys at the CAVC level, and all three were paid EAJA fees.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with broncovet   check out the NOVA web site  that is more likely your best bet.  due to the above attorney's being to busy to take your case.