Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TBI CLAIM

Rate this question

Mr.B

Question

I submitted this claim for TBI with MRI and my psychiatrist records stating I had this since 2001 and letter stating I cannot work due to my injury! I used the DAV! I got two computer generated letters! The claim was submitted 15 January 2020!  How long does claims take these days! My claim in the year 2001 did not take this long! Is the the sign of denying my claim or should I get rid of the DAV and retain a Lawyer to represent me?

Edited by Mr.B

• HadIt.com Elder

MR.B The estimated completion date is as accurate as the weatherman's 3 day forecast; doesn't mean anything more than a clerk's estimate. And that clerk doesn't have full access of your file and what's going on. Wait for your decision letter.  You could ask your VSO to use VBMS if they have it and see if there is action taken, but hopefully your letter will come soon. You must wait and see what it says. Be mindful of your effective date.

they are stating VA Are not processing claims because COVID-19! They state the cannot get your records question is this true!

Thank you for reaching out to the DAV,

The VA is waiting for all of your Federal Records to come in. All of the Federal Records has been delayed because of Covid 19, once they are allowed back, the Federal Record Center will process the VA request for all of your Service and Personnel records. Once this is down the VA can schedule any examinations they determine you need.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't doubt that the records center is mostly shut down still. They only had a few people I understand doing the pulling of records, and that was for high priority requests. So the back log is going to be terrific. Not a lot to do about it I don't believe. A lot of work os channeled thru NPRC.

Bertha sorry I did not respond. The DAV had me on the phone stating they were making a deal to drop seizure for 80% TDIU 100 T%P Oct 2001.  2002 June had MRI working with internal medicine doctors and psychiatrist place me on medicine for seizures for 7 years. My psychiatrist stated I sustained a head injury from car accident I had in the military. I had an MRI stating white brain matter disease. They also diagnosed me for a TBI with  around seven conditions in July 2002 !  My DAV rep appealed seizures but I did not get a letter that it was granted per website 21 October 2002 .   So they knew I had a TBI and just over looked it! I been dealing with this for years and never applied because new DAV rep stated they would lower my rating!

Bertha sorry I did not respond. The DAV had me on the phone stating they were making a deal to drop seizure for 80% TDIU 100 T%P Oct 2001.  2002 June had MRI working with internal medicine doctors and psychiatrist place me on medicine for seizures for 7 years. My psychiatrist stated I sustained a head injury from car accident I had in the military. I had an MRI stating white brain matter disease. They also diagnosed me for a TBI with  around seven conditions in July 2002 !  My DAV rep appealed seizures but I did not get a letter that it was granted per website 21 October 2002 .   So they knew I had a TBI and just over looked it! I been dealing with this for years and never applied because new DAV rep stated they would lower my rating!

"My DAV rep appealed seizures but I did not get a letter that it was granted per website 21 October 2002"

what website.....should the grant have awarded you some cash?

or do you mean it was not granted and the DAV is trying to 'make a deal'?

I have always been under the impression that vet reps or VSOs or NSOs cannot make a deal with the VA.

If I were you I would contact the VA via IRIS, for a status and  ask your vet rep what happened to the grant...if one was made.

Was this seizures appeal sent to the BVA? 

I do not quite understand any of this.

If I get time tomorrow I will try to read your past posts-