VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Nearing the end (Appears to be Good News)

Rate this question

MKAH

Question

Hi everyone,

I just looked at VA.gov and this is what I see:

Appeal received September 2016
Up to date as of July 11, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. ET

Status
Closed
Granted
Service connection, Post-traumatic stress disorder

The Veterans Benefits Administration granted your appeal
The Veterans Benefits Administration agreed with you and decided to overturn the original decision. If this decision changes your disability rating or eligibility for VA benefits, you should see this change made in 1 to 2 months.

This appeal is now closed

However Ebenefits appears to not yet been updated as see below.

You have a 80% final degree of disability.
Rated Disabilities
Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date
tinnitus 10% Service Connected 03/08/2011
migraines (previously addressed as headaches)

50% Service Connected 08/01/2017
bilateral hearing loss 50% Service Connected 02/11/2016
sleep condition Not Service Connected

post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) Not Service Connected
PTSD - Personal Trauma

I would expect that should happen soon and I will then be able to view the new percentage?

• HadIt.com Elder

toddt's advise is right on. If you check the letter generator, you often will see your ratings change before you receive your decision letter. You can also keep an eye on your direct deposirt. That can also show up befor your decision letter, but that usually happens on straight forward claims that don't have large back pay and complicated EDD.

3 hours ago, GBArmy said:

toddt's advise is right on. If you check the letter generator, you often will see your ratings change before you receive your decision letter. You can also keep an eye on your direct deposirt. That can also show up befor your decision letter, but that usually happens on straight forward claims that don't have large back pay and complicated EDD.

HI GBArmy,

Yes sir, I have been looking at the letter generator and my bank account, based on the advice I have received from Hadit members.

6 hours ago, toddt said:

Go to ebenefits or VA.gov and download your benefits letter, it may be updated, if it is it will tell you what percentage you're at.

Yes sir, I have been looking at the letter generator and my bank account, based on the advice I have received from Hadit members.  It still shows the old percentage and no commissary letter option (in the event it is ruled as TDIU to 100%).

7 hours ago, MKAH said:

pacmanx1
...Now your claim has to go back to the VARO to actually be rated and given a percentage of degree...

pacmanx1, I recall that exact thing happening with my Migraine claim which was a BVA remand.

I did some quick math, and regardless if the PTSD claim is rated at 30, 50 or 70%, I will be moved into the 90% overall spot.  Of course, it could be rated at zero, which would be terrible. 

Anyway, as I mentioned my attorney will file for TDIU based on the addition of the Service Connected  PTSD claim which has the earliest filing date.  Unless of course the combination of service connections is ruled TDIU by the RO during the rating process. 
eg; 10% tinnitus, 50% hearing loss, 50% Migraine = 80% combined, plus XX% PTSD.  Only time will tell?

At least that's what my attorney said to me a few months ago.

Thank you

On 7/11/2020 at 8:19 AM, MKAH said:

The Veterans Benefits Administration agreed with you and decided to overturn the original decision. If this decision changes your disability rating or eligibility for VA benefits, you should see this change made in 1 to 2 months.

Hey, be forewarned but I don't know what is going on with VA but that 1 to 2 months is a lie/joke. I won a BVA grant last year and it is going a little over a year and no rating decision from VA. Yes I did have a remand and I did have to have a C & P exam which I don't know why since my claim was granted back to 1998. The decision will have to be determine from my records back then and not now.  Just the games they play. I know some claims are faster and some take longer, just wanted you to know.

Edited by pacmanx1