VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Believe In Miracles!!!

Rate this topic

LightofSolitude

Forgive me for the late post, as I actually got this decision at the end of July 2020. It took two months for it to sink in to my thick head. I was increased to 80% combined disability. Here is the kicker: the VA also awarded TDIU along with that increase. Even more surprising is this: this was a “regional office adjudication” and not a BVA appeal. At this point, I have had three decisions (the initial 50% award, which was then CUE’d and increased to 60% by a second decision. A subsequent increase was filed again and about 10 months later was increased again to a combined 80% with TDIU.)

All three of my decisions came from the regional office level and as of now, I have never been to the BVA.  I know this gets said a lot on this website but I cannot stress this enough:

Never. Ever. Give. Up.

I hope this encourages someone out there to keep fighting the good fight. The TDIU I was awarded is not permanent, and I still have one more claim pending. Therefore, my fight with the VA will continue. It took me an initial five years to go from nothing to 50% and ten more months after that to go from 50% to 80% with TDIU, all at the regional office level. That is nothing short of a miracle in my humble opinion.

One more thing, I dropped another donation to Hadit.com. The information and wisdom on this website is truly a Godsend!!!

Edited by LightofSolitude

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations   this is great news , yes  I Agree NEVER GIVE UP

We thank you very much for the donation  stick around hadit  and help out your  fellow veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats to you! You're story will definitely encourage others not to quit. You don't lose until you quit trying! And thank you also LightofSolitude for giving back, not only sharing your success, but with a donation so Hadit can continue! 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use