VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Info For 100% P&t

Yes, you normally need an ID card to get into commissary.    At "my" local post, you will need a drivers license, passport, probably dd214 and maybe even social security card, plus a letter from VA that you are 100 percent P and T.  To get that letter, you can go to ebenefits, and print it out.  "Letters section".   At my post, you can ask the guard "Where is the place where you get ID cards" and they direct you there.  (on post).  You may have to get permission to get on post, and your dd214 with drivers license may work.  

Its kind of a process to get the card, I had to wait, they take your picture, and it takes a couple hours or so.  It depends, of course, on how many people ahead of you.  

Its kind of a pain, but my id does not expire, and its great for MWR.  For example, I have access to "auto shop", "woodworking center", Base exchange, base liquor store, base movies, (much cheaper than outside movies), and even travel such as disney tickets and stuff.  I dont know if I left anything out.  

Due to COVID-19 I am not familiar with what is going on.  It has been several years but what I did was I called the DEERS program and all my information was in the system, even my dependents that I listed when I was in the military. 

For Questions About:

- DoD Benefits and Entitlements

- The data in your DEERS record

- DMDC Applications or Websites

Call the DMDC/DEERS Support Office (DSO): (800) 538-9552

Hours of Operation: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, excluding federal holidays.

You can also write to us at: 400 Gigling Rd Seaside, CA 93955-6771

DMDC Information Fax Numbers: 800-336-4416 and 502-335-9980

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Keep in mind that some offices might be in the DEERS catalog, but they may not necessarily make ID cards. My recommendation is to call before you go. 

Here is an online link to find offices near you: https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/locator

VYNC, once I called the DEERS program and they informed me that my information was in the system, I drove to my nearest post and it did not take me to long for them to make me a Military MWR ID Card.  I should also note that I used to work for DFAS in military pay as a civilian. Just about all the people I worked with were already gone/transferred but I did find a few people that was still there.  Come to think of it, I think I did call first because I wanted to know all the documents I needed because I did not want to have to go back a second time.

• HadIt.com Elder

Question?

I have my military ID Card (the brown one) I think its a lifetime expiration on it , but my spouse Military ID   (Brown one)was only good for 3 years  and its now expired.

Can we go to the  Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base (NASJRB) Fort Worth, where we got these made some 18 years ago? have some more made? The Naval Air Station  Joint Reserve Base is still Active.

Although I was US Army.  do we bring our old cards  or just the award letter DD- 214 and a letter  that has me 100% P&T with SMC &  Spouse Marriage License and Birthday Certification Drivers License .

Spouse is totally disabled and I have to put her in a power wheel chair..so it takes us a time to get out of the car  ect,,ect,, and get her inside.

Anyone Know?

Edited by Buck52