VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming C&P Exam for Nerve Damage due to surgery; What happens in that C&P?

Rate this question

WBrennan

Question

Long story short. 🙂 My left knee is 30% Service connected.  During the ACL surgery they nerves across the knee were severed and I have no feeling in the outside of my leg from the knee to the top of the foot/ankle area and around the front near the top of my foot.  That area also no longer has hair.  The inner muscle on my calf is significantly smaller than the other.  I have an up and coming C&P exam with VES.   I would like to know what all they do in this exam.  Anyone have an idea?   I don't think it falls under paralysis of the nerve as I still have function.  I don't know if it falls under neuritis or neuralgia?  Anyone have an idea?

Edited by WBrennan
typo correction

Just my opinion, they should have done a nerve conduction test to measure the electricity level in the nerves.

A nerve conduction test is a more inclusive specific test for nerve damage.

The test measures damage, weakness, tingling, burning, and functional loss.

Maybe they admitted nerve loss and needed a simple test to measure function.

If you aren't satisfied with the rating, consider a private nerve conduction test to get a better rating.

I would have to agree with Fat. Schedule yourself for an EMG.  I am not sure as to what you have filed. Sometimes VA can be a little tricky. You may have filed for a knee exam. The VA will look at it as to you are filing for a knee increase. Whatever you have filed for, thats the only DBQ that VA will send to VES. Hopefully you have filed for lower leg condition as well as ankle condition. in. Its hard to say what VES will do.

Getting an EMG will probably help you for the nerve condition and will also help if you file for an appeal. Its a little painful, but will get into details as to what nerves are damaged. JMO.

It looks like the VA never sent the letter because they didn't enter the codes. (What Peggy Told me). They sent a message to have them add codes and check back right before Christmas.  ebenefits no longer shows a pending disability and nothing in the disability section. Will update everyone at the end of the year.

I called them back today. They open an escalated issue with the raters. They said I'd have a response in about 5 days. I received a phone call this afternoon saying that they're in the process of rating it and finalizing it. And I need to respond back to an email they are sending me in next Wednesday. Even if it's showing preparation  for decision

Edited by WBrennan
Typos