Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Student loan discharge

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Adminstrator

I have a question about this and how it works.  So my EED is from last month, but there is a very good chance another claim will be coming back and will set the EED for 100% P&T back to 2015.  So if this happens is there a way to apply again to get that backpay of all those payments?

• Adminstrator

I just got my remand back and got some backpay, but found out they moved mine from 2014 to last month.  So now we get to wait again!

Now if you just sent in just to get the paperwork started, then you are ok.  They will send back paperwork to finish it.  BUT I would call and check.  

Edited by shrekthetank1

just called nelnet! great news @shrekthetank1

you can go ahead and have loans discharged regardless of if you are fighting EED. they will back date if you win an earlier EED. i went ahead and finished my application to discharge and if i win my EED claim i the rep told me just to submit the new decision letter to nelnet and they will notify whoever owns your loans(bank) to send refunds on payments made.

hope this helps guys and gals

• Adminstrator
20 hours ago, blahsaysme2u said:

just called nelnet! great news @shrekthetank1

you can go ahead and have loans discharged regardless of if you are fighting EED. they will back date if you win an earlier EED. i went ahead and finished my application to discharge and if i win my EED claim i the rep told me just to submit the new decision letter to nelnet and they will notify whoever owns your loans(bank) to send refunds on payments made.

hope this helps guys and gals

@blahsaysme2u

This is great news!  Thank you so much!