VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Second Opinion?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Another thing that concerns me is  what Hospital is safer cleaner  more disinfected  covid free  in  rooms and supplies .

I am not so sure my VAMC is Clean and safe?

What concerns me  too is  getting staff/ staphf infections   and especially catching covid.

I am not sure how many veterans have coronavirus at my VAMC...But I know there has been a high number of deaths reported from the covid.

I just don't know what to expect  if the VA does this surgery?

Edited by Buck52

• Lead Moderator

I would honestly get a new PCP.  You do have legit concerns and it sounds like they are not listening.  I know I did this once and all of a sudden my doctor wanted to help me and not just go with the flow.  I know we try to not rock the boat, but when it come to surgery there is only one doctor here who will do mine and I trust him.  He will also ask if I want to have other doctors helping.  For me it was worth fighting.  

Buck, it might not even be a surgical problem but you do need to find out what is wrong.

You said:

"The Urology Clinic only has one surgeon that can do this type of surgery.."

You could google his name to see if there is any info on the net to determine how good he is.

You could also google the "Providers List " I posted here to see, if, in fact he actually works for the VA or is a federal contractor. But I kind of think he would have to be VA employee if he is teaching student as well.

Not long  ago I googled a VA neurologist who had declared my husband 100% P & T from his 1151 stroke  (1992)but the part about the 100% P & T was not in her records that VA sent to me.

They (VA) had withheld these records on my first medical record request.I got 'some of them' by another request.

I sent the neuro  mail to question why there were records missing, and never heard back- I also noticed on healthgrades or some site here in NY that VA  and private patients had given her very poor marks.

This was at a 1992 C and  P exam done in a hallway at the local VA, full of other vets.I asked her if she had read the Veteran's brain MRI and she said Yes, and then a few minutes later she LOUDLY said I declare you 100% P & T, Mr. Simmons, due to the CVA (  stroke)

and the other vets all looked at Rod as if he had just won the lottery.

My husband just gave me a look, like 'right, I know that" because a VA doctor had already declared him 100% P & T  on a student loan waiver form.

Your state web site might also have a disciplined doctor site-

There are many ways to find out if a doctor knows what they are doing.

I hope it is not a serious matter and hope it does not need surgery- and I agree with others here-

I think my neighbor ( 20 years USAF) is not being treated properly by the local VAMC - he never remembers the doctor's name and he said it seems they are always a different doctor, at his appointments.I bet they are all federal contractors and not VA employees.

He has TRICARE and Medicare but is unwilling to get a second opinion.

He can hardly walk due to severe arthritis in his hip ( he told me the VA never mentioned hip surgery to him but then again (I know him well)and  they might have and he refused the surgery.

VA can do hip surgery very well these days.

He also has a very concerning problem with his hands and I think it is some sort of circulatory problem but I am not a doctor and this problem is getting worse by the day for him, because we get such cold temps here this time of year.

He served in Alaska and Korea, and I wonder if this could be frostbite residuals, that he could claim SC for.

But he still has not asked for a higher rating on his 10% SC injury- which he mentions to me all of the time but refuses to see his POA. 10% since 1997.

I am very concerned about him but he seems unwilling to even get a diagnosis of his hand problem.His hands turn white as soon as he goes outside and they feel frozen.

Buck you, I feel, know far better than he does and I believe you will do all you can to get your issue properly diagnosed and treated.

You got very good advise here and we all are concerned for you.

And yes many of us prayers here will pray for you.

Our Nations disabled veterans are always on my church's weekly prayer sheet- and we have many vets, as members ,  as well a adult children of vets who are in different stages of military service,who also get our  prayers. ome of them might need the VA someday so I aways pray for the VA too!

Added this-iit might help someone else  ---my neighbor, like my husband was a VA employee.

After I filed SF 95 for wrongful of my husband, I found something that gave me the motive for the malpractice ( you do not need to prove motive for FTCA or 1151)

My husband , an SC veteran ,is dead ,in part, because M21-1 VA Doctor's directives dated 1988 said VA employees should be given a 3 day waiver for a medical problem and then must return to their VA job.As an employee he had a heart attack on the job in 1988 but the records said it was a sinus infection.I didnt find out he had a heart attack until I got his VA medical records,- and that is why under Nehmer AO IHD they gave me 1988 as his posthumous EED.He never new he had heart disease but VA knew.

I think they are still treating my neighbor as a VA employee, and not as a SC veteran.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Ms Berta for this Information, I will sure check this Dr out  and some of the other Dr That is not a Dr but like  PA certified, to me they are not Dr just yet  but  have a lot of knowledge in this field of Urology.

I am not sure I have Prostate Cancer Or Not? I do Have a swollen  prostate  they said was Benign taking meds for it  for 15 years  I go in the 17th of this Month to tell my PCP or let her check me  I have the swollen prostate and also other health issues  like a cyst or something growing   and its got so large  It needs taken out   or if it's cancer ...I won't know until they take biopsies  and my PCP Has to get things going, After I see her she should refer me to urology.

only symptoms I have Is the swollen scrotum red and  swelled up but no pain  what so ever  No blood in urine ,I do have a dull dragging feeling on the right side  but its not painful at all its been this way now for about 3 or n4 years  I just never let it bother me, no back pain  yet anyway   but until lately  its got worse or I should say larger  its very uncomfortable at times  and this is my reason to get it check out  its so bad If Id o a lot of walking or just moving around in the house or just going to the grocery store  it rubs me Raw In the Groin Area.

I am my spouse caregiver  she needs my help for everything   help her get out of bed  help her in a chair and get up to go to the bathroom, I cook now she is unable to lift pots and pans  ec,,ect,,    due to her neurophy  and osteoporosis of the spine,  she can't be left alone to long by herself  she is prone to fall a lot and has other major health issues  that keeps her from doing everyday things. ...she is in constant chronic pain  she actually has broke both her feet  One leg  and left hip  and had triple heart by pass...it all started after her heart by pass.  she has to walk bent over about 35%   due to her osteoporosis its bent her spine forward.

I need to help her eat but she is determined to do that although it hurts her to raise her arms   due to the spinal osteoporosis  

so I can't be down very long....we just moved here  last month and don't know our neighbors to well   so were actually alone  just the two of us.

I depend on the VA for all my medical needs  I do have Medicare  A&B. so does my spouse  and  she has ChampVA

I must admit I am certainly afraid of all of this  and place my trust & faith in our Almighty God let it be up to God  if I make it or not.

It sure makes you think how short life truly is.  and I think this way about the covid too, there were a couple married about 45 years  and both caught the covid and they both died together 10 minutes a part  how sad that was.

We just got word my oldest son went to E.R. with 103 Fever  and was diagnosed with covid, they gave him some medicine to hopefully help get his fever down and let him go home   because he don't have any breathing problems  if he did they would have kept him in the hospital.

When it Rains It pours around here.

Thank you All for the prayers   I know they do work.

Thanks everyone , I truly appreciate all of you that's here for me  to support me ,  it  just make me feel better to know I all you guys on my side. 

no better people than Veterans  new or old.

Edited by Buck52

Buck you are sure dealing with a lot!

I wonder if your county has a Meals on Wheesl program-

Or an Office of the Aging that we have here-but then again maybe COVID has prevented Meals on Wheels programs and our county offices are not completely open yet.

Hopefully your son will be OK - and I know how difficult it is to be in a new neighborhood.

Our church has suddenly shut down two of the three Sunday services.Our pastor and his whole family is in quaranteen as they were exposed to COVID from someone in our church. I have not been to my church for almost a month but our sermons  are on line.

The American Legion about 8 miles from me has had a COVID outbreak to a special dinner they had as a fund raiser . The only other bar around also has had COVID problems recently too..

I check my county Covid web page everyday because they have numbers of new cases, where they are by town or village,the age of the patient,  and also what tracking info they have had.

One Covid patient had been to three stores , two in a different county and then went to the local  VAMC, and then went to a few more places in the same day.

I stay away from anyone who is out and about like that.

But ----Yes! God is good!!!! and he hears our prayers!!!!!

We are all on your side !!!!!  And thank you for helping others veterans here.

Every Wednesday I am in a Zoom prayer group and I will sure get more prayers going there for you and your family!

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank You Ms Berta

Yes this corvid has the entire country in turmoil, I got my corvid Injection on the first of the month  and took my spouse to get hers at her Dr office/clinic the same day, my son said he could not taste or smell and his body ache all over but today he text us and said he was feeling better   fever comes and goes  so he is confined to his bedroom  and his g/f and his son are helping him  they pass food though the door and then close the door  so he is doing better  Thank God.

We  have to get the other shot on the 22nd of this Month.

And now their talking about another Injection that Johnson &Johnson is going to put out as soon as its passed by the FDA/CDC  its suppose to be better but has more side effects.

On this first Injection  for me it was ok no side effects  they kept me 15 minutes after the injection  but it caused my spouse to have swollen Limb nodes on the left side of her jaw just in front on her ear  but down on her neck area under her jaw, it was about the size of a large egg.

but has recently come back down.

So anyone who HAS NOT  got the corvid shot yet please do  asap,  its good to stick around after you get it at least 15 min or longer.

No Matter how tough you are this corvid can knock you down in a split second  without you ever seeing it  so please go get this corvid Injection  we have to take  the injections  2 weeks apart or at least after 6 weeks after the first one  as recommenced by the CDC FOR THIS COVIVD INJECTION TO BE EFFECTIVE.