VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Second Opinion?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry   no  They are not doing the meals on wheels   just the ones that already have it  or can't get food on their own  but meals on wheels is not going to new places with the pandemic. Which I don't blame them. 

On 2/3/2021 at 9:51 PM, Buck52 said:

Need  a little information on the VA Hospital.

I do not want students  getting their education on me or my body.

I dislocated my left shoulder back in 1999. I was going to the Durham VA Medical Center at the time. 

I let my doctor at Durham know what had happened about my shoulder. That got me an appointment with orthopedics. Orthopedics wanted me to get an MRI. I could get one much quicker if I went to the Asheville VAMC. I got an appointment and went on a Saturday to get my MRI. This is where it gets good. I Checked with orthopedics to see if they had gotten the MRI yet. They claimed that they had not. Well I called the Asheville VAMC. They told me who had signed at the Durham VAMC for the MRI records. Now I go back to orthopedics and tell them who signed for the records and ask if they think they can find them now. 

I have several appointments with orthopedics over time while we discuss my shoulder. The orthopedic doctor tells me the best way to fix my shoulder is to put some cadaver bone on it and make it rounder. Well, everything is all set. But the doctor calls me and says that there is something wrong with the donor bone. We have to cancel the surgery.

My next appointment with orthopedics is rather strange. The trainee, at least that is what she appears to be to me, starts asking questions like this is my first time there. I find this rather annoying. It seems the more that she asks about stuff that should already be in my file the more aggravated I get. She is getting flustered. An older doctor comes in an starts talking completely crazy. He says something about cutting the arm completely off. What the HELL? I find the lady that is always in orthopedics and ask her what the hell is going on. Apparently my doctor, or is he an intern, had my records in his personal possession. Good grief. Well by now is has been so many months that my shoulder is as healed as it is going to be without surgery. Since the Durham VAMC can't even keep up with records or MRI's I decide against surgery here. 

From my bad experiences and all the stories I read about VA screw ups I hope I never have to have surgery that the VA has to do. 

I hope it works out in your favor Buck.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah  they tend to screw up.

I am scared about this and very concerned ...I am checking out this Dr..but what gets me is  I will be out  so how will I know who did the surgery?

they might say its this Dr  but when it comes time for the surgery  they have these young students watching?  or preforming the surgery?

I may try to get the mission act  and outside Dr's

56 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I am scared about this and very concerned ...I am checking out this Dr..but what gets me is  I will be out  so how will I know who did the surgery?

Discuss it with the doctor and find out what is going on. See if you can find out who the better doctors for this operation would be in your area. See if you can't find out how other vets have done after having this done by this doctor. 

• HadIt.com Elder
8 hours ago, kanewnut said:

Discuss it with the doctor and find out what is going on. See if you can find out who the better doctors for this operation would be in your area. See if you can't find out how other vets have done after having this done by this doctor. 

caution   maybe TMI? TMI= (TO MUCH INFORMATION)

I Will sure ask questions  some of the VA Dr's are ok but I never seen any Dr's about this problem  although a lady Dr in urology has checked my prostate  (the old bend over and they feel down there)   she said I had a slightly enlarge prostate   and I take a medication for that   ..my PCP first found it years ago  he did the bend over feel test and ask me if I have dribble? I said yes,  he also prescribe me the medications, I drink a lot of cranberry juice  as this seems to help.

Again TMI *

but for the last 7/9 years  this swelling in my scrotum has been there and no pain..but here lately it bothers me  and if I walk a lot or do a lot of moving around  it rubs me raw in the groin area...I just put some type of cream on it and  it eases up  ..I been doing this for that last 10 years or so...

I just put it off and off dreading the exam or testing.......>  I have no pain  other than a dull dragging pulling feeling occasionally 

The testical exam is murder...if they go in with a needle to biopsy' it?  ouch 

TMI**  I hope its not cancer , I been researching all this crap and It could be my epididymis /or a cyst on it?   (what that is I have no Idea?)  but it could be that  it seems to be inflamed   thats where most of the swelling is   the testical feels smooth no bumps or any unusual growth  but at the top is where this epididymis  is and it seems to be swollen  but no pain?

I remember back when I had  dupuytren's in my left hand/fingers   (2012) they gave me the 4 injections in the cord  and the next day  they gave me serverl numbing injections in my hand  side of my hand wrist  fingers  all over my hand  palm everywhere they hurt like crazy   and manipulated my fingers (rub them hard)  and broke the cord  ...it seems to me I started having this scrotum problem ever since.

I am wondering if this Dupuytren's medication  ( XIAFLEX ) they injected into my hand (cord) could be the cause of my scrotum problem today?

I dread them injecteing my testicals  or even injecting my damn scrotum ouch...They do inject (numb) the upper side top part above the scrotum area  and cut and go in that way...as I understand your not put to sleep on this procedure   and if it hurts  I will fight scratch scream  and cuss and yell bloody murder   You  M -Fer;s   I dread this day.

Dang I be glad when this shi** is all over....damn.

sorry if TMI...

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck52 Hang in there brother. You got to do this. We're praying for you.