Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU P&T, can you get much higher?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Morning folks, hope all is well.

Got a veteran who was just awarded TDIU P&T, and one of his conditions used for that TDIU is PTSD which was previously rated at 70%.

Q. Can that PTSD be used as a precursor to obtain a SINGLE 100% scheduler rating, thus opening the door for seeking SMCs?

The veteran has a few other conditions that are not included in the TDIU for which a 60% rating is achievable in order to qualify for SMCs.

It's my understanding that the entire TDIU award in itself DOES NOT count as a SINGLE condition-100% that's required to file for SMCs.

Thanks,

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Well you guys can believe what you want  I know what they rated me with  and here it is again

I WAS 90% TDIU P&T  that's not considered to be a 100% scheduler rating.

but when they granted me the TDIU P&T   THAT OFFICAILLY MADE ME 100%.

ALLTHOUGH I WAS UNDER THE 100% RATING BEING PAID AT THE 100% RATE

Now here is what made the difference

When I filled for another separate and distinct  claim and was granted a 70% rating  this qualified me for the SMC Criteria  and I was granted the SMC S Housebound.

When  Awarded TDIU P&T UNDER ANY RATING  UNDER THE 100% SCHEDULER RATING AND YOU HAVE ANOTHER SEPERATE RATING FROM YOUR TDIU   60% OR HIGHER QUAILFIYS FOR THE SMC S  H.B.

A 100% scheduler rating   and ANOTHER SEPERATE & DISTINCT  CONDITION  60% or higher  WILL MEET THE SMC CRITERIA.

Also a Veteran who is granted the TDIU  UNDER THE 100%   90% 80%70%  ect,,,ect,,,, and files for ANOTHER SEPERATE & DISTINCT CONDITION  AND IS RATED WITH A 60% RATING OR HIGHER QUAILFYYS HIM/HER FOR THE SMC S Housebound

Edited by Buck52

@broken, My posts didn't ask about 100%, they asked about TDIU itself, TDIU having a COMBINED rating of 70%, 80%.., 100%- "Does TDIU in itself meet the qualifications, along with the 60% separate condition(s) for SMC"?

The 100% SINGLE rating is a no brainer, I didn't ask about that.

Ok let say your tdiu is based on 60 ptsd.

That is tdiu based on one condition.

You can be statory housebound not been able to leave one home for income.

Now if the tdiu is based on many condition to add up to the 70 percent to get tdiu.

It's not based on one condition now to get smc s.

You will need a separate disability that not part of tdiu. Rated 60 percent. To get smc s

You can't have a 100 percent rating and get tdiu.

@Buck, and contrary to popular belief, you CAN have ONE Scheduler rating at 100% and still be TDIU P&T.

That 100% I just mentioned is NOT moot, and can still fall under TDIU.

Just now, Mr cue said:

U can't be tdiu and have a 100 percent rating.

If you get a 100 percent rating while you are tdiu.

The tdiu is gone you Are 100 percent.

Who are you asking? Me? Yes, I am rated 100% now. I was getting paid at SMC rate BEFORE I was scheduler, when I HAD a TDIU rating, and OTHER conditions that = above 60%. After my scheduler rate went to 100% on its own TDIU was removed.