Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU Question

Rate this question

Bhut

Question

Hello all,

I have been lurking on the board for a few years, a lot of good advice here for sure.  I received a letter a couple of days ago from the VA stating that I have been approved for TDIU.  I was rated at 80%, or still may be not sure.  Reading the letter it says the criteria for TDIU have been met, it does NOT say anything in the letter about being permanent and total.  I called the VA today but the lady on the phone seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.  My question is with my new TDIU award will my wife be eligible for any medical benefits, educational benefits, etc?  Thanks in advance for any input.

• HadIt.com Elder

yes it needs to be higher rating than 50% to get the 100%  I mention that or higher.  i KNEW I'D GET  CORRECTED ON THAT  LOL...

Use to be a veteran had to have a 60% rating to meet the criteria for the IU but its different now... it can be a 40% rating to be considered for the I.U.

I think him being IU makes a difference on how they rate Although he is being paid at the 100% rate his rating is still considered 80% S.C.

It is harder for the Veteran to reach the 100% at 80% but it can be done  with a higher rating or combined ratings   these combined ratings add up if you get enough of them he is being paid at the 100%rate but his rating was most likely was 30% 50%  or HE GOT AN INCREASE ON THESE LOWER RATINGS to 75.5% to be rounded off at 80%   and due to the fact he could not work  DUE TO HIS S.C. DISABILITY they gave him the IU

with 100% benefits

• HadIt.com Elder

pacmanx1

I was 90% combined rating  and on TDIU P&T  FOR 14/15 YEARS  And I filed for another separate and distinct  condition &  was rated 70% for that one and what that did it not only put me up to the 100%scheduler rating  it met the Criteria for the SMC S.

Plus service connected at 0%  For E.D.   SMC K  but paid in addition compensation monthly added in on my total  monthly compensation.

Thanks so much to everyone for all the advice, I have actually had an attorney here in FL working on this for several years, I was only at 10% about 4 years ago, she took over my case after my attempting on my own for several years with no success, I went to 60%, about 4 years ago, then 70% two years ago, then 80% this past year.

I am currently rated 70% for PTSD, 10% for an injury to my left foot, and 10% for tinnitus. 

I have not heard form my attorney since the award the other day, I am sure she will contact me this week.  If anyone needs help with a claim I high recommend her and the firm she works for, please let me know and I can give you her information.  I am sure without her help I would probably still be at 10% and had given up by now.

Again thanks to everyone with the comments and advice, I always welcome advice from others, there is obviously a lot of great information and advice on this board.

Buck didn't mean to step on your post. Back when I was 90%, I was thinking that all I needed was another 10% and the VA would grant me 100%. I did not know about P & T. I was shooting for being 100% and working but when my back went out, I figured it was not worth it because I realized it was no way I could get up and go to work five days a week eight hours a day.  Little did I know that I had to get an additional 40% to get rounded up to 100% P & T.  I want the new guys/gals coming to hadit.com know that it will get even harder to get to 100% P & T.

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh that's ok Pacmanx1  no you didn't step on my post.

Your post are all great and spot on  you give great Information an you share it with all of us  this is what Hadit is all about  helping Veterans win there benefits    & ever now and then we get some hot heads in here and want to agure about the information we give them  and no it all's and when we try to set them straight  they go off and cuss  call names and just really dis respect us Mods AND  I try not to let that bother me and just go on.

I suggest anyone calling "Jennifer", to access their website first,  and read their Disclaimer  carefully:

https://www.veteranconsultingservice.com/

Also please note that on my PC their site http has a ! within a circle before it, indicating the site is not fully secure.

I am not saying their is a problem with that site- but I have a lot of security features on my PC, so 

it just might be a warning on my PC and not yours.